Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

06 Silverado Fluid Leak

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2012, 7:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Silverado Fluid Leak

Hello, my name is Joe and I own a 2006 Chevy Silverado. I recently noticed a small leak coming from an area near the oil pan of my truck. I have a screwdriver pointed at the area where oil is leaking. Is that "gap" supposed to be there? Whats with that threaded hole near the tip of the screwdriver?

Again, have mercy on me if these are stupid questions. Thought I'd ask the pro's on this forum first.

2006 Chevy Silverado
4.3L V6 FWD
52K Miles

**not sure why the attachment is upside down, sorry**
Attached Thumbnails 06 Silverado Fluid Leak-truck.jpg  

Last edited by joe.garcia; January 24th, 2012 at 7:26 PM.
Old January 26th, 2012, 9:47 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> joe.garcia,

I encourage you to take the vehicle in for an inspection by a certified technician. They will be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis with a physical inspection of the vehicle. Better safe than sorry.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service