Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old August 11th, 2015, 1:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

07 Silverado NBS 5.3L Tuners

Search this Thread

Old April 7th, 2013, 11:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Silverado NBS 5.3L Tuners

I am planning on getting a new tuner to replace my old unlplug when done tuner. I have been reading up on all of them lately and they all seem to have pluses and minuses. I am looking for a tuner that I will keep connected and use all the time. Been looking at the Diablo InTune, Edge Evolution CTS and the Bullly Dog GT. I like the Diablo for just straight tuning, but the other ones have options that would maybe make them more usuful on a day to day basis. I like how both the Edge Evolution CTS and the BullyDog GT have mounting accessories available for a clean installation. The BullyDog looks really cool with the pillar mount and the Edge Evolution CTS dash mount also looks nice. I don't see any clean options for mounting the Diablo Intune other than a cell phone holder. Does anybody make a dash mount for that or have any ideas for a clean mounting solution for about $50 or less. Also, I really like the Edge Evolution with the ability to have it mounted in a good location on the dash and have it hooked up to a backup camera and it will automatically switch to the backup camera input when you put the truck in reverse. Also I like the ability to data log for keeping track of hp, torque, etc as I make changes to the truck and the tune. I think that all of them will do though. What are yall's opinions. I think the Bully Dog GT is probably not that great compared to the other two. The Edge Evolution CTS looks great with the mounting options and the backup camera ability, but it is expensive. The Diablo InTune might be the way to go. It seems to have the best features for the price. I just wish it had decent mounting options and backup camera ability. I also saw a new one recently that I just found out about. The SCT iTSX. It uses your idevice for the interface. I have not researched this one much yet. I just found out about it the other day. Any opinions and experiences would be great. Thanks a ton.
Old April 8th, 2013, 2:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why exactly do you want to monitor everything with something that won't really help you gain hp/tq? There a reason you want to add it?
Old April 8th, 2013, 5:57 PM
CF Beginner

I don't want to monitor everything. I would like to have something that I would use regularly though for the money. Like the backup cam feature and gauge display on the Edge Evolution CTS. It is not only a tuner, but something I will use daily instead of just using it to tune the computer and then sticking it in the toolbox. I am just trying to get opinions on the different ones from people that have used them. My old one was just a simple tune and the stick it in the toolbox tuner. And it would not let me tune the 4 cylinder mode or adjust transmission shift speeds. I am pretty sure all the ones I listed above will allow tuning of both 8 and 4 cylinder modes and transmission. Do any of them allow me to adjust when it drops to 4 cylinder. Like if I know I am gonna be driving on highway a long time and I want to stay in 4 cylinder mode longer instead of switching to 8 cylinder mode if I am barely on the gas.
Old April 9th, 2013, 11:11 PM
CF Beginner

I think I narrowed it down to the Diablo Trinity or the Edge Evolution CTS. The both are full time use tuners that will stay on the dash all the time and can be used for extra gauges, on the fly tuning changes, performance monitoring, and in the case of the Evolution a back up camera display. Any opinions on which one is better from people that have used them? They are both roughly the same price and both have good clean looking permanent mounting accessories. The evolution would be nice for the back up camera display that can be wired to come on when you shift to reverse, but I am starting to get the impression from other forums that the trinity is better at tuning. I am mainly looking to tune for more hp and torque when towing and better economy when bobtail. I know the evolution also has a mode that will monitor your driving and help you drive the most economical. I think the trinity also has something like this though.
Old April 10th, 2013, 7:44 AM
Super Moderator

Well from the sounds of it you just want the extra stuff that you can add to it, I say this because neither one will give you a noticeable gain in hp/tq or mpg. They're there to look pretty on your dash. Been through em all whether I had one or my buddies had one. And I don't think a handheld tuner will let you tune for the drop into 4 cyl mode, but I could be wrong on that since I don't have a newer body style.
Old April 13th, 2013, 12:09 PM
CF Beginner

yeah, I know there is no performance difference between the standard tuners and the ones that you leave connected all the time. I just want to have it out and have something to use it for regularly since it is costing me hard earned money. The standard ones go back in the toolbox and you forget about it until next time you want to tweak the tune. If it is out on my dash I will feel like I am getting something extra out of it. lol. You change your exhaust, put headers on, cold air kit, etc, you will see them regularly and be reminded what the money was for. I like the pretty stuff on my dash. lol. I like the Edge Evolution CTS because I would be able to use it for a backup camera monitor. But after talking to the guys on silveradosierra forums, I think I am gonna go with the Trinity because it is a little better tuner and you can do custom tunes with it.
Old April 13th, 2013, 8:00 PM
Super Moderator

Any of those programmers or chips won't do much if anything for you, especially if you do headers and what not to it. Programmer lets you change for tire size and shift points, nothin for power or torque will be gained from there. Now yes the trinity is better since diablo can write you a custom tune for it, but those custom tunes are nowhere near as good as blackbear or wheatley's custom tunes
Old January 24th, 2015, 3:28 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by country_09
Any of those programmers or chips won't do much if anything for you, especially if you do headers and what not to it. Programmer lets you change for tire size and shift points, nothin for power or torque will be gained from there. Now yes the trinity is better since diablo can write you a custom tune for it, but those custom tunes are nowhere near as good as blackbear or wheatley's custom tunes
If Diablo does custom tunes too, then why aren't they as good as Blackbear if you can send them the same data? I'm looking at the Trinity as well
Old January 24th, 2015, 1:45 PM
Super Moderator

Diablos custom tunes from what I hear are pretty good, but I'm talkin about the tunes that come already done for any truck on the programmer itself. They're not tuned specifically for your truck, rather every truck out there within the parameters that programmer is set for. Each truck is different and will act different with the right tune. I prefer goin to a local somebody who will do street tunes as those seem to get the most out of the truck