Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

08' Crew ("Service Four Wheel Drive" Message)

Search this Thread

Old November 8th, 2009, 2:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08' Crew ("Service Four Wheel Drive" Message)

Hello, Let me first begin by saying this truck has a "salvage title", So warranty work is out of the question. The problem I am having is the Switch on the dash, Lights up at ACC or Start then Lights go out. I have tried to do a clutch reset by, Shifting Trans. into N, Turning Switch from 2Hi Past 4LO to N, Wait 30 Seconds. Checked All wiring, Fuses, Etc. No results. I Do not have a High dollar Scan tool to read the "TCCM". Is there any way to check Front Accuator and/or Encoder motor to find out if they are working without scan tool? I have a Mitchell online Manual and have tried every thing they say to check manually with no results. Without knowing the DCT codes or Not having a good scanner, Would my only option be take it to a Dealer and pay the price?
Old November 20th, 2009, 10:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had that come on in my 08 crew a few times, First was when I was ****ing around in the snow in 4x4, second time was climbing up a moutian in horrible conditions.... my solution was disconnect the battery, seemed to have work for me, I checked for any codes with my evo programer and it seems to be fine.