Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:17 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

08 Silverado front door speakers are not working.

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2012, 4:27 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Silverado front door speakers are not working.

Well for a while the right side door speaker would cut in and out, then that speaker went out, and now the left side went out. I have no door chime, assuming that goes through the speaker. The two small speakers on the pillars work fine as well as the rears. I have done some research looking for the fix. I found that a lot of people have the same exact problem but I haven't found any answers. I don't really want an aftermarket stereo, but If I have to I will I guess. I know I could take it to the dealer but I always try to fix stuff myself first. Just wondering if the problem is in the head unit or the speakers? wire connections etc. Sounds like such a common problem that there must be a common solution. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.
Old January 13th, 2012, 8:01 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

08silveradobrad,

It may be a connection problem. BCM is also a possibility. These are just suggestions, not a diagnosis. You may have to take the vehicle in for an inspection. A certified technician should be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis with a physical inspection.

Please keep us posted.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 14th, 2012, 5:56 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 08silveradobrad
Well for a while the right side door speaker would cut in and out, then that speaker went out, and now the left side went out. I have no door chime, assuming that goes through the speaker. The two small speakers on the pillars work fine as well as the rears. I have done some research looking for the fix. I found that a lot of people have the same exact problem but I haven't found any answers. I don't really want an aftermarket stereo, but If I have to I will I guess. I know I could take it to the dealer but I always try to fix stuff myself first. Just wondering if the problem is in the head unit or the speakers? wire connections etc. Sounds like such a common problem that there must be a common solution. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.
I had the same problem in my06, replaced the speakers and all is well again....
Old January 15th, 2012, 2:49 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Ok thanks guys. I guess I will start by checking for power at the speakers. Louis could you please tell me what the BCM is? Thank you.
Old March 6th, 2013, 8:08 AM
CF Beginner

08 Silver, I have a similar issues, did you get your resolved?
My left door is not working at all and my left tweeter is blown.
Just got the truck.... that is the only thing wrong that I found so far.
Old March 6th, 2013, 12:12 PM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

The factory speakers are not very good. They have paper cones and tend to have terrible sound when they get a few years on them. If you replace them do not get speakers with the paper cones. It is worth the money to get better ones.
Old March 6th, 2013, 3:09 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by 08silveradobrad
Ok thanks guys. I guess I will start by checking for power at the speakers. Louis could you please tell me what the BCM is? Thank you.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> 08silveradobrad,

BCM stands for Body Control Module.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 6th, 2013, 6:48 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
08silveradobrad,

It may be a connection problem. BCM is also a possibility. These are just suggestions, not a diagnosis. You may have to take the vehicle in for an inspection. A certified technician should be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis with a physical inspection.

Please keep us posted.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Could you explain, on the radio system on this vehicle, how a BCM could stop the signals to the two front speakers?
Old March 7th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by f5fstop
Could you explain, on the radio system on this vehicle, how a BCM could stop the signals to the two front speakers?
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> f5fstop,

I apologize; I read through the post quickly & was dealing with another post related to the radio not working at the same time. You are correct; the BCM could affect the radio, however, not just the two front speakers. I still suspect a connection issue.

Thank you for pointing out my error.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 7th, 2013, 1:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Just checking

Connections? Two separate radio circuits from the radio to two different speakers break at the same time? It could. Two speakers blow at the same time? They could. Radio blows two separate outputs at the same time? It could.

But from my experience with GM vehicles, I would get a known good speaker connect it to the wires in the door and see what happens. If you get sound, it's the speaker(s). No sound, it's a connection. In this case, the tweeters in the a-pillar are working so it is not the output from the radio, since most GM radios use one wire from the radio for the right front to a splice and from the splice two wires: one to the tweeter in the a-pillar and the other wire to the door speaker.

Also, my experience with GM vehicle is they do not use the best speakers in the world and in my H3 for example, I replaced all door speaker within the first two years. And like oldchevy says, do not use paper cone speakers. Get some decent poly speakers that can hold up to water/heat/dust and last for quite a few years.

Quick Reply: 08 Silverado front door speakers are not working.