Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

08 silverado oil leak

Old January 25th, 2014, 2:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 silverado oil leak

I purchased my 08 silverado 3mos ago with 21k miles I have had nothing but problems with it I really went against my better judgement buy purchasing another Chevy after my last purchase ! I have had my truck to the dealer ship three times now for an oil leak and all the dealer ship wants to do is draw straws and guess what the problem is . Finally after three times of me asking them to put die in The oil they finally have . The first trip they claim it was just residue from oil changes , 40 miles later it was covered again , I take it back they claim to have changed the oil pan gasket, drove it for a few days I crawl under and the oil is back and worst i take it back this time they change the oil cooler block off plate gasket but I inform them that's bs the oil is coming down both sides of the engine in the back dripping off the starter on the right , coming down the oil filter on the left and out of the bell housing I'm seriously ready to contact and attorney they seem to just was to keep charging my ext warranty and not wanting to fix the problem I believe it's the rear mail seal
Attached Thumbnails 08 silverado oil leak-image.jpg  
Old January 25th, 2014, 3:35 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Sorry to hear of all the troubles... have you tried taking it to another dealership?
Give another dealership a try, explain your concerns and the history without ******* the other dealership, explain you would like a fresh set of eyes on the problem...
Old January 25th, 2014, 5:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been thinking about it but haven't yet because my truck is out of factory warranty and when I first noticed the oil leak I was having so many other problems that I made the dealer give me a 5k mile warranty on the oil leak that was supposed to just be residue ..... So far I haven't had to pay for them to do anything except for a front wheel bearin hub assem . I wonder does it cost anything for a dealer ship to look at the truck without fixing it because if it's one of the gaskets that serpentini claims to have replaced my ext warranty won't cover it again .......