100mph cut off switch? - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

100mph cut off switch?

Old  May 7th, 2007, 2:02 AM
100mph cut off switch?

I was wondering how I go about dis-engaging the 100mph engine "cut off switch".. I cant find anywhere in any auto-info sites how to do this..

Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L

Old  May 7th, 2007, 9:17 AM
RE: 100mph cut off switch?

National highway speed limit = 65 MPH. Why do you need to go 100+? Unsafe and dangerous to go that fast on the road in a car let alone a truck. I hope that is for race track only use( If it is please disregard all comments I make ). Are your tires evenrated for that speed? Please don't go that fast on the roads. You might kill an innocent person. What you do to yourself is your problem but think about what you coould do to someone else.[]

Old  May 7th, 2007, 9:36 AM

There is a race track near my home that I was wanting to go to, and I was hoping I could atleast pass 100. I am not going to drive that fast on the streets, I know how dangerous it can be.

Old  May 7th, 2007, 10:06 AM
  • CF Pro Member

There is no " cut off switch " you have to change the rev limit programed in the ECU.

Old  May 7th, 2007, 6:33 PM

ok, thanks

Old  May 7th, 2007, 8:53 PM

ORIGINAL: anthem777

There is a race track near my home that I was wanting to go to, and I was hoping I could atleast pass 100. I am not going to drive that fast on the streets, I know how dangerous it can be.
Okay. Cool. I will tell you one way you can do it then( maybe ). Most vehicles that I know of with a rev or top speedlimiter set in the PCM can have it removed or altered by one of the popular handlheld computer programmers like Hypertech or Superchips.

Also, on a GM product a custom tune can do it as well.

Thanks for being safe and keeping the racing where it belongs = the track!

Old  May 8th, 2007, 1:39 PM

Maybe I'm the only one that drives fast. They are right. You have to get a programer or have someone do it for you. Have fun going fast.

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors