Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

1992 checy silverado rwd 350

Search this Thread

Old September 15th, 2013, 1:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 checy silverado rwd 350

Need some help with my truck, I was recently driving it on the highway and started hearing a loud noise coming from the bottom of the truck. I kept driving and the noise got worse to the point where it the truck kicked the gear And I felt It on the shifter **** then the truck stopped like if I hit the brakes but I had not. I had it towed home becaus Roy would not start. Replaced the clutch slave cylinder because when I got it home the clutch pedal would not engage. Now the truck turns on but it won't move it goes into every gear without any problems but as I try to release the clutch it won't move. And even in neatutal the truck is hard to move when you try pushing it. Just wondering if anyone has any advice or something. Thank you.
Old September 15th, 2013, 5:22 AM
CF Junior Member

Slave cylinder? My buddy had something similar with his car. If the clutch only partially engages then it won't move while in neutral real well or while in gear. Don't hold me to it but its a place to start.
Old September 15th, 2013, 5:24 AM
CF Junior Member

Sorry I see you have already tried that. Pressure plate is next in process of elimination.
Old September 15th, 2013, 12:07 PM
CF Beginner

I was thinking it might be the torque converter any ideas?
Old September 15th, 2013, 12:30 PM
CF Junior Member

A manual transmission doesn't have a torque converter it's replaced with a clutch pressure plate and throw out bearing. It would have to be one of those items but not likely the throw out bearing since its pretty much just an arm with a fork on the end. If you have replaced the slave cylinder and bleed the system properly then it's a pressure plate I would say. That being said I'm not a licensed mechanic.
Old September 15th, 2013, 1:48 PM
CF Beginner

I appreciate the help man. Im going to replace the clutch and see where that takes me. Thanks a lot for your help really aprrecciate it.
Old September 15th, 2013, 2:03 PM
CF Junior Member

No problem I hope it works for you. If something else comes up let me know.
Old September 24th, 2013, 2:02 AM
CF Beginner

Hey man changed the clutch still nothing. Probably need a new transmissions
Old September 24th, 2013, 4:01 AM
CF Junior Member

I'm sorry to hear thy didn't work for you. Did you replace the pressure plate when you changed the clutch? I'm not sure it would help or not by it may be cheaper. You may try to take the plate off the top of the tranny and see if there is any metal shavings or obvious broken gears. I wish I knew more to help out and I will do some checking around with a couple people I know and try and figure something else out later today and let you know what I come up with.
Old September 25th, 2013, 10:23 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks man I appreciate the help.

Quick Reply: 1992 checy silverado rwd 350