Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

1992 Cheyene front end conversion

Old June 16th, 2005, 12:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 Cheyene front end conversion

Hi,</P>

I recent sold my 2000 Camaro Z28 and I decided to take a whole different route by buying a 92 Chevy Cheyene. I boughta 350 crate motor that will soon be installed and a 700r4 transmission. I've pretty much got everythin planned out as to what I'm going to do theres only one thing I need some feedback on. Exterior wise the trucks is going to be painted and I'm buying a set of wheels but I cant stand the ugly front end on this truck. It has the single head lights with the big painted grille. I was wondering how hard it would be to put the dual headlight dual grille front end like what the (I think) 94-98 have. Has anyone ever done this converson? How invasive is it and what is needed to complete it?</P>

</P>

Thanks for any advice given,</P>

Jake</P>
Old February 22nd, 2006, 9:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1992 Cheyene front end conversion

hey,
I have a 88' cheyenne and wanted to do the same thing, stylinconcepts sells a kit with almost everything you need for the swap, the kit says it wont fit the cheyennes but i have a friends that did it, he said it was pretty easy, just a little cutting here and there but it can be done, the hardest part is where the lights actually go mounted to,you would have to probably buy those. I didnt do it because that truck now belongs to my little brother and he didnt really care about the front end, but it would of been nice.