Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Inside bell keeps dinging while driving

Search this Thread

Old February 11th, 2012, 9:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Inside bell keeps dinging while driving

When I put my 1999 Silverado in drive and start driving the inside bell starts dinging. I will stop when I stop at a stop sign or red light. When I start driving it starts dinging. Anybody have any ideas? If not does anybody know where the bell is located?
Old February 11th, 2012, 10:33 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doug,

This bell may be connected to the seat belts. I don't know how to disable it. You may
want to check all of your seat belt sensors.

This may be a start.

Good luck,
Old February 11th, 2012, 10:40 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by skeeter5
Doug,

This bell may be connected to the seat belts. I don't know how to disable it. You may
want to check all of your seat belt sensors.

This may be a start.

Good luck,
Ill check it. Thanks.
Old February 12th, 2012, 10:27 PM
CF Active Member

If you put something on the passenger seat it could activate the alarm if the belt isn't fastened. The seats have a switch that slides as the it is stretched from weight on the seat and turns the alarm on. Also it could be the switch is stuck on. The simpliest thing to try is fasten the belt on the passenger side and see if you still have a problem.
Old February 13th, 2012, 6:00 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by basilkies
If you put something on the passenger seat it could activate the alarm if the belt isn't fastened. The seats have a switch that slides as the it is stretched from weight on the seat and turns the alarm on. Also it could be the switch is stuck on. The simpliest thing to try is fasten the belt on the passenger side and see if you still have a problem.
Thanks basilkies. Ill give it a try.
Old February 13th, 2012, 11:37 AM
CF Active Member

It could be related to the brakes, or more acurately the sensor on the parking brake. I have bought 3 of them.
Old February 18th, 2012, 6:43 AM
CF Beginner

It ended up being the parking brake. I pulled on the release lever and the pedel didn't move. I lifted up on the pedel and it shut the bell off. Thanks to all that offered help.
The following users liked this post:
dizie2 (January 25th, 2021)
Old June 1st, 2018, 2:38 PM
CF Beginner

Yes! Thank you! I have a 2003 Silverado and that dang dinging was making me crazy! I thought it was the door close sensor (like it thought the door was open while driving), but I tore my door apart and couldn't find anything. I found something on YouTube talking about clipping the light green wire at the A1 position in the light blue C4 sensor under the dashboard and that didn't work (all that does is stop the dinging when the door is open and the key is on). So I googled and found this thread. I never would thought it was the stupid parking brake! Thanks again. I can have my sanity back!
Old September 20th, 2018, 7:24 AM
CF Beginner

Default Finally, relief!

Originally Posted by Paul Gunderson
Yes! Thank you! I have a 2003 Silverado and that dang dinging was making me crazy! I thought it was the door close sensor (like it thought the door was open while driving), but I tore my door apart and couldn't find anything. I found something on YouTube talking about clipping the light green wire at the A1 position in the light blue C4 sensor under the dashboard and that didn't work (all that does is stop the dinging when the door is open and the key is on). So I googled and found this thread. I never would thought it was the stupid parking brake! Thanks again. I can have my sanity back!
I have been about to lose my ever loving mind for 3 weeks listening to constant dinging. I even stopped by Meineke & asked them to reset my codes thinking is had to do with a faulty ABS light that’s been on for years. I finally google & come upon this as my first thread. I pull the break release & my sanity was instantly restored! Next time I won’t be so dense as to wait 3 weeks before checking online! 🤪😁🙌🏼
Old March 19th, 2019, 11:44 AM
CF Beginner

Default Thank you, thank you, stupid parking brake!

Thank you guys so much! I was like Mr. Gunderson, tried everything and IT WAS THE PARKING BRAKE! DAMN! IT! HA HA. thanks again guys

Quick Reply: Inside bell keeps dinging while driving