Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by: Bakliner

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2010, 05:30 PM
CF Beginner

Default 1995 Chevy Silverado Heater Problems

Well i am having a heck of a time getting my heater to blow out hot air. I have replaced thermostat, Dbl checked fluid level, and checked blower motor.
but all it dose is blow out cold air not sure what step to take now? if anyone could help me with this i would greatly be thankful as it is 15 out and hard to drive to work in the mornings. ty
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 12-15-2010, 07:50 PM
CF Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasite View Post
Well i am having a heck of a time getting my heater to blow out hot air. I have replaced thermostat, Dbl checked fluid level, and checked blower motor.
but all it dose is blow out cold air not sure what step to take now? if anyone could help me with this i would greatly be thankful as it is 15 out and hard to drive to work in the mornings. ty
Im not sure if you did or not but changing out your coolant may help...
But if your heater core is bad then gettin heat will be a problem.
Check the heater core for sure.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:24 PM
CF Beginner

Well i have did some digging and found out my blend door is not moving so i haave searched for hours and cant find a fix for this. Is there a way to just move it to the right place. iIdont use my a/c much would rather just have the heat. ty Parasite
Old 12-24-2010, 02:33 PM
CF Beginner

From what I have learned and heard, I could be wrong but.... The blend door is all electrical and is a low volt system. i could be wron as i have a 96 and think that is the year that they changed the dash and some other things, however the blend door does not work on an older style rod system it is an electric motor.

my thoughts were the same since I dont have heat was to maybe jump the door to the open condition, not a good idea you can fry the motor and maybe more. Just my 2c

Lots more to come
new to me 12-20-10
Old 12-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator
1995 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by homicydalboy View Post
From what I have learned and heard, I could be wrong but.... The blend door is all electrical and is a low volt system. i could be wron as i have a 96 and think that is the year that they changed the dash and some other things, however the blend door does not work on an older style rod system it is an electric motor.

my thoughts were the same since I dont have heat was to maybe jump the door to the open condition, not a good idea you can fry the motor and maybe more. Just my 2c
i think they changed the dash's in 95..i have the newer style dash in mine.. anyway...if u find a way to change your blend door...post back!! mines coming out of defrost, vents and the floor at the same time.. need to get it fixed but i havent had any time to dig around under the dash

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
. Yukon doesnt have the same familial feel as "I was in a Jimmy pulling hogs"
Old 10-28-2011, 09:52 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

if you take the actuator off you can control the door by first turnig heater to full blast then removing glove box and turning the little white plastic **** by hand but if u turn the truck off you will have to do it again
Old 10-30-2011, 10:15 AM
CF Senior Member

Dont confuse apples and oranges. You have a blend door that directs the air over the heater core or AC evap, then you have a mode door that directs the air to the floor vents,defroster,ect.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:15 AM

Tags
1995, 1996, 95, air, blend, blow, chevy, doesnt, door, heater, hot, problems, silverado, truck, working