1995 Chevy Silverado Heater Problems - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

1995 Chevy Silverado Heater Problems

CF Beginner

December 15th, 2010, 6:30 PM   #1  
1995 Chevy Silverado Heater Problems

Well i am having a heck of a time getting my heater to blow out hot air. I have replaced thermostat, Dbl checked fluid level, and checked blower motor.
but all it dose is blow out cold air not sure what step to take now? if anyone could help me with this i would greatly be thankful as it is 15 out and hard to drive to work in the mornings. ty

CF Beginner

December 15th, 2010, 8:50 PM   #2  
Posted By: Parasite Well i am having a heck of a time getting my heater to blow out hot air. I have replaced thermostat, Dbl checked fluid level, and checked blower motor.
but all it dose is blow out cold air not sure what step to take now? if anyone could help me with this i would greatly be thankful as it is 15 out and hard to drive to work in the mornings. ty
Im not sure if you did or not but changing out your coolant may help...
But if your heater core is bad then gettin heat will be a problem.
Check the heater core for sure.

CF Beginner

December 15th, 2010, 9:24 PM   #3  
Well i have did some digging and found out my blend door is not moving so i haave searched for hours and cant find a fix for this. Is there a way to just move it to the right place. iIdont use my a/c much would rather just have the heat. ty Parasite

CF Beginner

December 24th, 2010, 3:33 PM   #4  
From what I have learned and heard, I could be wrong but.... The blend door is all electrical and is a low volt system. i could be wron as i have a 96 and think that is the year that they changed the dash and some other things, however the blend door does not work on an older style rod system it is an electric motor.

my thoughts were the same since I dont have heat was to maybe jump the door to the open condition, not a good idea you can fry the motor and maybe more. Just my 2c

Super Moderator

ohio

December 24th, 2010, 7:07 PM   #5  
Posted By: homicydalboy From what I have learned and heard, I could be wrong but.... The blend door is all electrical and is a low volt system. i could be wron as i have a 96 and think that is the year that they changed the dash and some other things, however the blend door does not work on an older style rod system it is an electric motor.

my thoughts were the same since I dont have heat was to maybe jump the door to the open condition, not a good idea you can fry the motor and maybe more. Just my 2c
i think they changed the dash's in 95..i have the newer style dash in mine.. anyway...if u find a way to change your blend door...post back!! mines coming out of defrost, vents and the floor at the same time.. need to get it fixed but i havent had any time to dig around under the dash

New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

October 28th, 2011, 10:52 PM   #6  
if you take the actuator off you can control the door by first turnig heater to full blast then removing glove box and turning the little white plastic **** by hand but if u turn the truck off you will have to do it again

CF Senior Member

October 30th, 2011, 11:15 AM   #7  
Dont confuse apples and oranges. You have a blend door that directs the air over the heater core or AC evap, then you have a mode door that directs the air to the floor vents,defroster,ect.

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors