Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

1997 Silverado Starting issues

Search this Thread

Old March 11th, 2014, 2:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 Silverado Starting issues

New to this forum, could use some advice.
Today I replaced my air filter and filled my fuel tank. After returning home, my truck was off for about an hour. As I went out to start my truck, it did the following.
I turned the key, started normal, however rpm began to bounce, and the truck shook. After appox. ten seconds the truck shut off, remaining on was the aux power. I started the truck again and it did it again. I got out and rechecked around my air filter to make sure no sensors where unplugged, every was connected. I went back to the cab, left the door open and listened for the fuel pump as I started the truck. The truck started, doing the same as before, I could hear the fuel pump running the whole time, no cut out noises from the fuel pump. I'm not sure where to go from this, I did some reading and people where sugguesting checking the wire connectors at the fuel pump and also maybe a ign. switch. Do any of you have any sugguestions.

Thanks in advance for your advice,
TheEric
Old March 15th, 2014, 8:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you try replacing the fuel filter? As perhaps when you filled up it stirred up some dirt in the tank, or you got a dirty batch of unfiltered fuel. Or there could be water in the gas.
Please let us know what you find was wrong.
Old March 15th, 2014, 10:55 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

You could also try doing a fuel pressure check.