Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2002 1500HD cranking issue

Search this Thread

Old February 16th, 2016, 1:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 1500HD cranking issue

I have a 2002 1500HD and when it has been sitting a while and motor is cool it is a little slow to crank...kinda sounds almost like a low battery but it is not. Once it cranks once it runs perfect and I can immediately turn it off and crank it right back up no hesitation. The head stomper part is once its been running a while and is warm when I turn it off and a few minutes later when motor is still very warm it will crank briefly, run really poorly sputtering etc and die. It will do that 3-5 times then suddenly fire right up like nothing was wrong and run great. I ran the codes and got nox sensor which has been out for years on it but now also get mass air flow sensor as well. Anyone had any experience with the mass air flow sensor causing these issues or any other ideas what it could be? Thanks a bunch for any help.
Edit: I should add its been doing this for a few months now and does not seem to be getting any worse just consistently the same thing.

Last edited by jvalhenson; February 16th, 2016 at 2:03 PM.