Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2000 Chev Truck Dome lights & Remote

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2013, 7:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Chev Truck Dome lights & Remote

I just purchased a 2000 crew cab, 4x4, shortbox dually. I have 2 problems that may be related?

1: My interior lights do not come on when I open any of the 4 doors. They will turn on with the switch on the dash and they do turn on momentarily when I push the door unlock button. So they are active and functioning. I have checked the dome over-ride switch on the dash, that is in the right position.

2: My remote to lock and unlock the doors does not work. The electric switch on the doors will unlock and lock the doors, all actuators are working properly, they just won't work with the remote. I tried reprogramming the remote with no luck. When I go through the reprogram sequence, I get no reaction from my truck after holding down the unlock button and activating the key in the ignition.

The drivers side lock cylinder is missing from the door. I am wondering if this is somehow causing the problems. Does the lock cylinder need to be in place for the interior lights to come on and for the remote to work?