Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by: Bakliner

Welcome to Chevrolet forum!
Welcome to Chevrolet forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Chevrolet forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2009, 05:40 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD transmission problems

I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD gas burner. Lately I have noticed the truck riding funny around town. I can't tell if it's the transmission or something else and I don't want to spend a bunch of money going through each possibility until I get it right. When at a stop and pressing the gas, the truck seems as if it is in gear, but there is a slight pause/bump in the rear end when talking off from the stop. I had the same problem in a 1997 Tahoe one time and it turned out to be a problem with the rear wheel seals and not the transmission.

Another problem is that when travelling around town at a relatively low speed, 35 to 50 mph the truck seems to bounce. I am not depressing the gas pedal hard at all when this occurs. It sometimes does it when I am coasting. If I do get back on the gas it does not seem to have any slippage going right back into gear. I have checked the transmission fluid and it is red and does not smell burnt at all. The engine does not rev high and then slam into gear, nor do I seem to be having any major acceleration problems. I also haven't heard any funky sounds coming from underneath when the truck shifts.

The transmission does need servicing, but I do not want to be blindsided with a big repair when I go to have it serviced. I am wondering if it is a tuning problem, a transmission problem or something else completely. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

A little advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 03-18-2009, 05:40 PM

Tags
2001, 2500, 2500hd, bump, chev, chevrolet, chevy, colorado, hd, problems, repair, service, stop, transmission, truck