Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2002 Silverado 2500HD crew cab

Old August 17th, 2007, 9:35 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Silverado 2500HD crew cab

This has been a wonderful trouble free truck, and have never had it back to dealer for anything. It has been a real work horse. Now I have a problem and would appreciate any thoughts. To repeat my previous post, The right front window motor has gone bellyup. I have it half removed and can't see how to disconnect the motor from the maze of cables, and drive mechanism. Doesany one know where to find instructions on replacement, or does anyone have any suggestions? Please Help
Mel

Old August 18th, 2007, 11:13 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: 2002 Silverado 2500HD crew cab

go to the dealer and ask them thye shold be abel to bring up a parts screen with pic and show you how it all works
Old August 18th, 2007, 11:21 PM
CF Junior Member

Thanks MalibuMaxxSS
I guess I am to that point. I have been to some dealers who say "bring it in, you'll need an apointment". My dealer here in Wenatchee, Wash, where I purchased the truck new, some times is not to anxious to give out free info. There used to be a lady service manager who would do everything to help, but thats probably why she isn't there anymore. I am going to try, by first paying two prices for a new windowmotor, then maybe they will help me. Thanks again.
Mel
Old August 20th, 2007, 9:43 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

go to the parts counter and have THEM pull the schematics for the door panel, tell them oyu lookig for a part or something stupid....here they would just do it and pring the thing for you
Old August 23rd, 2007, 10:31 AM
CF Junior Member

Well to add to my own post,I finally went to dealer and paid $131 for a new motor and that helped me to see how to remove the old one. This is what I found: I had failed to remove one of the bolts securing the motor to the drive mechanism, which is very inaccesable. I turned and turned the last bolt and it never came out. I could only get about 1/10th of a turn each time I got onto the bolt. Finally I was able to get a screwdriver and pry the motor from the drive at the same time I turned the bolt. When I finally got it out I found that the bolt had been put in at the factory with epoxy. It had been stripped (metal bolt into a plastic drive mechanism) at the factory and so I had to break loose the epoxy to pry it out.( no, I had not turned the bolt the wroung way).Then I found the root of the problem to be a cable had slipped out of a wind drum inside the housing and was rubbing when the motor was driving, hense the slow window movement, hense the motor burnned itself out by over loading. A new motor and window regulator at Chev dealer cost $250 plus tax, I found the same part at JC Whitney for &131 and no tax. It is made by Siemens the same manf.as the original Chev part. End of story.