Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2012 Silverado Stereo Noise...

Search this Thread

Old March 22nd, 2013, 1:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2012 Silverado Stereo Noise...

I recently purchased a 2012 Silverado LTZ with the Bose radio (not navigation radio) and right away noticed the high hum/buzz/ear ringing sound. I brought it to the dealer who acknowledged the issue and ordered in a new radio. A week later the radio arrived and I went to the dealer for replacement. The dealer happily replaced the radio. The dealer sent me on my way. I got in my and started it up. The high pitched noise was gone. A new issue was immediatly noticed. The replacement radio now has a constant "overamplified" hum coming out of all the speakers. (the previous noise was coming from the radio itself) The door chimes, reverse alarm, and sounds are now very very loud! Adjusting the chime volume to the "normal" level did not help. In addition, when the radio volume is just turned up to the first level, it is way louder than previously. I walked back into the dealer to inform and they said they would order up another replacement to see if another new radio will remedy the issue. Is anybody else having this issue...issue being that the replacement radio still is presenting issues, however not specifically the same issue? (point of interest: the orginal radio only had "talk" as a preset and the replacement one now has additional presets such as, "rock", "pop", "country", and so on...). Please share your insight and experiences.

Last edited by majicgoats; March 24th, 2013 at 9:47 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 9:01 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> majicgoats,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. Have you contacted your dealer regarding the new noise with the installment of the new radio? Maybe there is a loose connection? Just a suggestion, not a diagnosis.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 23rd, 2013, 1:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The previous response asked questions that were already covered in my original post. As previously stated, my dealer has ordered another replacement radio and I am waiting on it to arrive for dealer installation. I doubt it is a loose connection. Because this couldn't explain why the door chime, turn signal chime, back up sensor beeps, door ajar chime, and so on, are extremely loud compared to the past. Is there a reprogramming that the dealer didn't do properly after replacing the radio that would cause the above said issues and a constant hiss/static through the speakers?
Old March 23rd, 2013, 2:20 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> majicgoats,

I am not showing any known issues regarding the issue you have described. As for reprogramming, I encourage you to consult with your technician for additional information, as I am unaware what work was performed.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service