Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2003 3500 will shut down while driving

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2013, 5:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 3500 will shut down while driving

First off I would like to say that I have been reading quite a lot of threads on here trying to find an answer as to why my truck is having this ghostly issue. Everyone here seems to be quite helpful and hope to find some answers like everyone else of course!

I have a 2003 Chevrolet 3500 standard cab dually with flat bed. It has the 6.0l and a 4l80e trans. 4wd.
So the issue is that after just a few minutes of driving the truck will just shut down. It runs like a champ prior to it dying. Once it does shut off it will not start back up. There have been a couple of times that it would start back up but immediately go into reduced power mode. If it does start then it will have a weird situation happen with the brake and accelerator pedals. If you hit the accelerator it will crawl very slowly and then die unless you actually hit the brake pedal. If you just let of the accelerator only it will still die. It runs just fine while on the brake. If you press both the accelerator and brake it acts as though you only pressed the brake. On the dash when you turn the key to run it doesnt light up all the normal dash lights.

New parts:
ECM by dealer
Fuel Pump
Fuel Lines and Filter
All relays in underhood box
New GM battery cables
Crankshaft Position Sensor
Ignition Switch but not lock cylinder

Any ideas would be ok with me.

Last edited by dlillard86; May 16th, 2013 at 5:51 PM. Reason: Forgot info