Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2004 Silverado 2500 dash lights problem

Search this Thread

Old July 4th, 2014, 11:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Silverado 2500 dash lights problem

I have a 2004 Silverado HD LS 6.0L model and have started having a problem with the dash lights. Sometimes they will go off when the light switch is in either the "daytime" running light position or in the "all lights off" position. They work intermittently in those 2 positions. When they are on, the dimmer works as well. They are just unpredictable about being on or not. They always work if I select either the parking light or headlight position, no problems there.

I don't think it could be a bad fuse since they do work some of the time. They may or may not come on when first starting the truck, and if they do they may stay on for several seconds or even several minutes and then go off. Sometimes if they are off they may come on while I am driving.

The gauges work fine and the gear/odometer/trip/hour indicators always work OK. It's the lights that light up the gauges and various pushbuttons and ***** on the dash that are having this problem.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help!
Old July 26th, 2014, 10:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE...

I decided to try replacing the headlight switch to see if that would cure the problem. It did not.

I'm just bumping this up to see if anyone else has had this problem and were able to fix it.

If it's going to involve an expensive diagnostic/repair procedure I'll probably just live with it the way it is. It's not a serious issue but just an annoyance to me.