Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Mass Air Flow Sensor?

Old April 28th, 2011, 4:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mass Air Flow Sensor?

first of all, thanks for taking the time to look over my message. I have a 99 silverado with 65,000 miles. 4.8 L 4x4 and I have put a K&N air filter and flowmaster exhaust on it to hop up the power. It seems like my truck is very sluggish at low RPM and sometimes when I put it in reverse to back up it will die. Once it gets going it runs good. Do I need to buy an aftermarket mass air flow sensor to conpemsate for the larger volume of air my K&N air filter is bringing in? Also I thought about maybe plugs and wires or throttle body spacers? If so what brands do you reccommend?

Thanks for your thought and input, it is appreciated.

Also I have a set of American racing 16" rims for sale that came off my truck when I bought it. I updated to stock wheels because I don't like spending extra time cleaning wheels. (I live in North Central Kansas)
Old April 28th, 2011, 8:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a C/A intake and havnt had an issue like you speak of. I have heard of the oil off of the filter can get on the sensor and can mess with the trucks performance. hope this helps