Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by: Bakliner

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator
1995 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Default 2006 chevy 2500hd blower not working

so i had the ac on crusin down the road..then all of a sudden we smelt something..almost like brakes that have been stuck on..so i turned it off and rolled the windows down..went to turn it back on after 5 mins or so and it wont turn on.. the AC button and the reticulation buttons both flashed.. no fan at all tho.. i can hear the AC clutch kick in on the motor.....but no fan..also you can barley feel air coming out of the vents.. checked fuses..all good..now what???? we have no warranty left..
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
. Yukon doesnt have the same familial feel as "I was in a Jimmy pulling hogs"
Old 08-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator

bump!

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

Quote:
Old 09-03-2010, 08:14 AM
CF Junior Member

Does the defrost work? I think the A/C and defroster run on the same motor. Sounds to me like the motor took a crap.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

well we ended up taking it to one on my dads friends who has his own auto shop..the blower motor blew up..gotta replace it.. but to you question no..nothing would work.all you could hear is the AC kicking on on the motor

Quote:
Old 09-04-2010, 08:03 AM
CF Beginner

turn fan on. if ac light light comes on, ac probly ok .check wiring going in to blower fan\\I had same problem..with ignition on ,fan on high, wiggle the wire going in to the blower motor,,feel for heat in the wire,mostly around the plug at the blower motor.Bad fan OR damaged wire
Old 12-03-2010, 08:43 PM
CF Beginner

Be careful mine did the same thing and the resistor and wiring harness under glove box was cherry red and hot. melted the plastic off connection. Cost $360 for new resistor ,wiring harness and labor. make sure use ac delco parts, after market will do the same thing in less than a year
Old 12-03-2010, 08:43 PM

Tags
06, 1500, 2006, 2500, 2500hd, 4x4, ac, blower, chevy, fan, forum, heater, trailblazer, vent, working