Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2006 silver hvac control problem

Search this Thread

Old November 29th, 2011, 6:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 silver hvac control problem

My hvac control dial only works on 1,2, & 3. It turns off on 4 & 5.
Can someone help me with this problem? Thanks
Old November 30th, 2011, 9:09 AM
CF Beginner

Default Help

Originally Posted by Chredw
Can anyone help with this?
Old November 30th, 2011, 9:26 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Chredw,
I would be happy to help you with this issue. Could you please PM me your full name, phone number, VIN number, mileage, and the name of the dealer you normally work with? I look forward to your response.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 2nd, 2011, 7:58 PM
CF Beginner

Im not quite sure why you need all of that info to answer my question. It seems kind of suspicious
Old December 3rd, 2011, 6:13 PM
CF Beginner

I just got a letter from gm today for my 06 silverado about the same thing your talking about. they go on to tell me what the problem is, i would suggest you contact your dealer about it. good luck
Old December 4th, 2011, 7:46 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by bill64
I just got a letter from gm today for my 06 silverado about the same thing your talking about. they go on to tell me what the problem is, i would suggest you contact your dealer about it. good luck
What did the letter say?
Old December 4th, 2011, 9:43 AM
CF Beginner

What did the letter say?
It's not from the dealer, it's from gm. it says the interface between the electrical terminals of the relay resistor modules and the wiring connector that powers the module may be incapable of conducting higher current levels for sustained periods of blower operation. moisture and other contaminants may enter the fresh air plenum and contact the internal circuit of the module or corrode the terminals. if any of these were to occur, the relay resistor module or wiring connector could overheat and the hvac blower may not funtion on certain blower settings or may be inoperative. hope this helps you out.
Old December 5th, 2011, 3:09 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Chredw,
I understand your concern. The information is needed for verification purposes. In order for me to investigate the issue further on your specific vehicle, I need the requested information. Vehicle issues may vary from vehicle to vehicle, thus the need for a VIN number. If a case can be made, the additional information is needed to continue the process of resolving the problem. We respect your privacy, which is why I asked you to PM me the information. Unfortunately, without the information, I cannot investigate your vehicle further or find a possible resolution. I understand your frustration and would like to help with your problem. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 5th, 2011, 6:02 PM
CF Beginner

Just wanted to let y'all know I called GM today and found out that they should have sent me a letter informing me of the situation that Bill64 told me about. For whatever reason they did not send the letter and I would not have known if not for Bill64. Thanks a bunch for your help. I'm taking my truck in tomorrow for the recall work. Absolutely now issue whatsoever in setting this up with All Pro in LaGrange, GA