Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2007 Silverado 1500 Navigation Theft Lock

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2008, 6:53 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Silverado 1500 Navigation Theft Lock

Stop breaking into cars & stealing crap, wouldnt have all these problems.
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:02 PM
CF Beginner

I SERIOUSLY hope you're joking! Considering your status on this forum, I'll take it as a laugh...haha. If there was ever someone that was opposite of what you described, it's me. I'm the one who gets my stuff broken into and stolen. I was the one who had some A-hole drive by and throw a metal clevis hook at the side of my truck and bash it in my perfect paintjob over the weekend.
Paid $360 cash to my wife's uncle for the NAV unit. He did a major Kenwood upgrade in his 2500HD.
Old September 4th, 2008, 11:29 PM
CF Beginner

"techs" r dumb, they never know anything. then they dont even want to follow the instructions when you take them to them because they think we're the ones that are stupid.
Old September 5th, 2008, 8:02 AM
CF Beginner

Yeah, I agree! Once I took the GM Service Information Document and correspondinginstance #that Shawn posted, there was no denying the credibility. He was willing to give it another shot, so I'll post the results when their pride level shrinks to a point they're willing to try it again...
Old October 30th, 2008, 8:30 AM
CF Beginner

I finally worked up the courage to mount the NAV unit for the third time and convince the service dept to try the suggestion you posted. They were still skeptical and tried first to program it as a Silverado Classic. Of course, didn't work. Then we did it as Monte Carlo, and BOOM! Instant tunes! It was the sweetest sound ever LOL The GPS portion of the unit immediately picked up the satellites and triangulated my location. The XM even worked without having to call and activate that radio.

On a sidenote, when using the map, the pointer that represents the vehicle, always points right, no matter which way you drive. One day, it did work correctly and would point the direction I was driving, but hasn't worked again since. Is there any way to calibrate this?

Thanks so much for all your help so far!
Old October 30th, 2008, 4:07 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

either the antenna is mounted sideways, or you can push the soft key that has 2 triangles against each other, one red and the other white, and it will change the way you view the map.....north up, vehicle heading up, and another one but cant remember what it is right now....
Old December 5th, 2008, 11:59 PM
CF Beginner

I'm having the same problem with getting my theftlock off. The dealer tried today and said it failed before even completing step one. Another dealer claimed he needed both the new truck and the old truck available so that he could reprogram the radio. I really need a hot shot, savy tech who knows his way around the tech2 computer. shawnvw how about a nice road trip to the NYC area? Wait I have four wheels how far are you?

Anyone have any suggestions of tech's or garages in the lower hudson valley, NYC/NJ metro area? I can go to with savy tech's who can reprogram my Denso NAV radio and get rid of theft lock?

Anyone know any unlock hacks that can be done without a tech2?
Old December 6th, 2008, 8:27 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Send me a plane ticket and put me up in a hotel and i'm there! haha
there are no ways around using the Tech2 to unlock the radio. Print off the bulletin I posted on the first page of this thread and bring it in to them. It is a straight forward process and there shouldn't be any problems. If it doesn't sound right when they are done with it, tell them to SPS the radio using the RPO codes from your truck. You DO NOT need the donor truck for anything
Old December 6th, 2008, 11:33 PM
CF Beginner

Darn! "there are no ways around using the Tech2 to unlock the radio" No known backdoors? (I've been reading other forums who are working on cracking the denso nav codes, like 1791 for instance) Was hoping GM would have something clever like the actions to reset the oil life or something to give alternatives to tech2 or nothing. I'm going to try and go monday am to another GM dealer in the area, will have my notes, but sure hope I come across a savy tech who knows tech2.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 1:22 AM
CF Beginner

I am sorry what not in a theme but I cannot open a new branch. I have bought NAV unit *25846420 tell it lux or non-lux? Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2007 Silverado 1500 Navigation Theft Lock