Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2007 Silverado -- NO POWER

Search this Thread

Old March 28th, 2013, 11:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Silverado -- NO POWER

2007 NWBS Silverado Z71 4.8L 63k miles:

New to the site and need some help please!

Went and got my morning coffee the other day and when i got back into the truck to start it, it didnt crank right away. On the second attempt, it started but i noticed my clock on the radio had reset to 12:00 like i had lost power or something. I pulled into work 10 minutes later and turned the truck off. I opened the door but no dome lights came on and the radio lights were still on. Shut the door and attempted to lock with the key fob but nothing happened. I opened the door and tried power locks and nothing. I tried starting the vehicle and nothing. No accessory lights, nothing. After work, i disconnected the battery and i went ahead and cleaned the ground connections at the frame and engine block. I connected the battery and the alarm started going off. I went ahead and tried to start the truck and it booted right up. So, im thinking the problem is solved. I wait about 15 minutes and shut the truck off thinking everything was ok. Wrong. I tried to start it back up and nothing - no power no dash lights, nothing. I tried jumping the truck, nothing. I towed the truck to my house and after fiddling around and connecting and disconnecting the battery, i got some power so that the dash lights were lit up. I plugged in the scan tool and i got no codes at all. I tried starting the truck and the power went dead again. I have no clue what the heck is going on. The battery is 3 months old. The negative connection on the battery will get warm when it is connected. Does any one have any idea what this could be?????? HELP PLEASE!!!! Thanks guys!
Old August 13th, 2013, 10:19 PM
CF Beginner

Default Silverado Battery Rundown

I went through a couple of batteries until I realized the Silverado & (others) have an undersized battery in them. To add to matters there's a bunch of parasitic drains like on-star, headlight run-on. etc.

I added a second battery and use ATCT battery backup system to control charging and isolating the batter. It's a smart system that charges one at a time but keeps them isolated. Additionally it has a wireless control for painless installation. There's nothing worse than coming out to your truck when you need to drive and it's dead. Especially at an airport late at night.

See www.atct-guardiansys.com

dbrakeman
Old August 14th, 2013, 5:57 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Towed 3-4 ton no problem