Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2007 Silverado TC and shift problems

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2012, 10:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Silverado TC and shift problems

I am having a problem with my 07 Silverado LT with the 5.3lt. My 'Stabiltrak needs service' and 'traction control needs service' lights are on as well as the check engine. It also shifts really hard from 1st to 2nd and a little rough into 3rd... I have tried turning off the traction control to see if it stopped but nothing changed. I was under the hood putting a cone air filter on instead of the stock filter to help with milage and performance. so i checked to make sure I didnt accidentally disconnect anything but everything seems to be as it should... not sure how changing the intake would effect the traction control but maybe someone on here could help?? please and thank you
Old February 17th, 2012, 3:32 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> JR Sllim,

There may be a possible problem with the Stabilitrak/traction control. This is only a suggestion, not a diagnosis. I encourage you to take the vehicle in for an inspection. A certified technician should be able to offer more information after a physical inspection.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service