Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 27th, 2015, 2:42 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

2007 Silverado Windshield Wiper Problems

Old June 7th, 2012, 2:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Silverado Windshield Wiper Problems

I have a 2007 Silverado Extended Cab LTZ Z71 4x4 that I am having problems with. As you are riding down the road the windshield wipers automatically come on and you can not cut them off unless you cut the vehicle off. As the wipers are going the washer fluid is spraying as well. Does anyone know what is going on?
Old June 7th, 2012, 2:38 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Is it a rough road? What other conditions? Could be the module, or switch.
Old June 7th, 2012, 3:04 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> bertienchunter,

What kind of fluid are you using? Would you please PM me the last 8-digits of your VIN so I can look into this further for you.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiper issues

Louis,

I see that your were checking to the the wiper issue on another 2007 silverado LTZ. Was there any answer to the owners issue.

I also have a 2007 LTZ and I am experiancing the same issues. Wet or dry weather, siting in a parking lot or my driveway, the wipers automaticlly start and the wiper fluid with dispense. Even playing with the variable speed switch does not stop the wipers. Any suggestions or guesses as to the problem?

SGM Richards.
Old January 17th, 2013, 2:05 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SGM Richards
Louis,

I see that your were checking to the the wiper issue on another 2007 silverado LTZ. Was there any answer to the owners issue.

I also have a 2007 LTZ and I am experiancing the same issues. Wet or dry weather, siting in a parking lot or my driveway, the wipers automaticlly start and the wiper fluid with dispense. Even playing with the variable speed switch does not stop the wipers. Any suggestions or guesses as to the problem?

SGM Richards.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> SGM Richards,

This may be due to a leak at the o-ring connector. The wiper heater module may need to be replaced. This is just a suggestion and is not meant as a diagnosis.

I recommend consulting with a certified techncian for an official diagnosis. They will be able to provide more information after inspecting the vehicle.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service