Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

07 Silverado Problems

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2008, 9:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Silverado Problems

In 07-07 I purchased my 07 Silverado. The truck was fine other than the lint magnet seats until 01-08 and then it began. 01-08 with 5964 miles the left front inner fender well popped out, dealer realigned left front fender. 04-08 with 8567 miles a loud clunking in the rear end after stop, dealer states this is normal. Left front innerfender popping out, dealer realigned left front fender. 06-08 with 9556 miles the truck was completely dead. The truck was towed to dealer new battery installed. 08-08 with 12154 miles the pinion bearing seal leaking, dealer states normal. Right inner axle seal leaking, dealer replaced. Front brake pads replaced rotors turned due to deep grooving. Left inner front fender out, realigned left fender. 10-08 with 12733 miles rear end clunking still, dealer lubed splines and rear suspension. Rear brake drums turned, rear shoes adjusted and cleaned for squealing. Steering wheel pops when turning, dealer exercised steering shaft. Left inner front fender still out, dealer rescrewed fender. 10-08 with 13318 miles brakes vibrating, dealer no problem. Clunking in rear end, dealer no problem. Steering wheel pops when turning, dealer no problem. And still left front inner fender out, dealer like new normal.
All of the above has been verified by an independant repair shop.
After two letters to GM they have only responded by saying nothing they can do.
After two letters to GMAC NO RESPONSE.
I have only managed to get 15 mpg out of this 5.3 extended cab LT. Others I know getting 18mpg. I guess this was assembled on Monday or Friday.
Lemon Law in GA. has expired any suggestions.
Old November 20th, 2008, 11:41 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 07 Silverado Problems

Rastis,

Your're freaking me out man!!!! I've got an 07 Siverado Ext Cab making the same sounds while turning and the brakes making noise. I"m not getting over 15 mpg either. I haven't taken it to anyone yet, but I'm not looking forward to it.
I wish I could help, but I'm not much of a auto mechanic.

jr
Old November 21st, 2008, 11:23 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you spoken to the Dealer himself or his general manager? Have you spoken to the Service Manager? If the dealer is visited by a Service Representative from General Motors, ask for a meeting with them. Don't write to GMAC, they are a finance company, they didn't build your truck. Some noise in a 4WD drivetrain is considered normal and the dealer service manager can give you a copy of that Technical Service Bulletin. Your noise may or may not be normal. Pop noise in steering, there is a TSB that may apply here also. Battery failure, it happens, thats why you have a warranty. Your fender issue sort of puzzles me? If all else fails, can you visit another Chevrolet Dealer?
Old November 21st, 2008, 12:28 PM
CF Beginner

I have spoken to the general manager and he has the same feelings ,( nothing found ). The rep. was supposed to have looked at it ? The service writer says it was not looked at by rep. but the general manager says it was I don't know. This is also a 2 wheel drive unit. I guess another dealer ship would be the way to go. Thanks for the reply.
Old November 21st, 2008, 12:29 PM
CF Beginner

Jr2007silverD, good luck You will need it!!
Old November 21st, 2008, 12:31 PM
CF Beginner

Jr2007silverD, good luck You are going to need it.
Old November 21st, 2008, 1:30 PM
CF Junior Member

Rastis, call GM headquarters. Ask to speak to a rep for your Ga. area. Then ask him to take a look at your truck when he is in the area of your dealer. (Set an appointment with him.) He should be able to pull up the files on your truck with the vin #. My brother in law did this with his pontiac and the vehicle was fixed immediatly. I would take the paper work with you that the independent shop gave you so he knows what he's looking for. I had a G20 van that had leaking shaft seals and leaking at the yoke. I kept hearing a very low vibration almost like a bad cord on the tires. Every once in awhile I would get a clunk also. After 50,000 miles and no more warranty. I finally got the answer. Mind you I was taking mine in to the dealer also and being told no problems. The axle bearings wore out, causing slop which finally took it's toll on the ring and pinion and yoke. End result was rebuilt rear end to the tune of $1500 out of pocket.