Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 5:13 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering & Suspension Guides
Print Wikipost

2008 4WD Leveling Kit

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2008, 10:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 4WD Leveling Kit

I put some 305/50/20 on a rockstar 20x8.5 with a 10mm offset and with my 2" level lift kit from rough country I figured I would be ok. After months of going to discount tire, 4wheelparts, and local tire shops I was told that this would fit with out rubbing. So I went and got the tires and wheels put on and I had good clearance. But when driving and having the steering wheel almost turned to the max I heard a squeek. Turns out that when I am in park and turn the wheel to the wheel stop I have clearance and when at a slow roll it rubs a little on the sway bar. I went back to discount to see what they had to offer to fix the problem. I figured a 1/4 inch wheel spacer would fix it right up. I told them that and they almost flipped out on me and said they would not work on my truck again if they knew I had wheel spacers. So then they told me that it was my lift that was the problem. The strut spacers are at the bottom and they told me that I needed a a level kit that had a coil spacer at the top and the bottom to kind of even things out. The bud helping me out at discount called a mechanic and he said everything should fit without rubbing and said that people put those same size tires and wheels on NBS silverados all the time and no problem. I have no idea where to start to try and fix the problem. New level lift from topgunscustom? buy some 1/4inch wheel spacers? crank the torsion keys up? buy new tires? any help would be much appreciated.