Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:32 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

2008 Door Lock Actuator

Search this Thread

Old September 28th, 2012, 12:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just found this site. I have 3 of my 4 doors that have power locks not working.
1st chevy I've had in years and this might drive me back to Ford.
I went to the dealers and they said $300 each door, and they said there is no history of these going bad.
Old September 28th, 2012, 9:18 PM
CF Junior Member

Dealer can say what they want but I know a few people personally that had trouble with these.
Old October 8th, 2012, 3:14 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by marsh deacon
Just found this site. I have 3 of my 4 doors that have power locks not working.
1st chevy I've had in years and this might drive me back to Ford.
I went to the dealers and they said $300 each door, and they said there is no history of these going bad.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> marsh deacon,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. Would you please PM me the last 8-digits of your VIN, so I can research this for any known issue?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old October 8th, 2012, 3:57 PM
CF Junior Member

door lock actutor they do bad, about all manufactor use them
Old October 22nd, 2012, 11:46 PM
CF Beginner

2008 Cheverolet 1500 Silverado, back door went out last year, had it replaced at the dealership. Front door just went out last week. I think I will try to fix it myself with 2 more doors in the future.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 11:52 PM
CF Beginner

You know thats not a bad idea. I might trade this truck in on a Ford. I have treated this truck very well and I have had several issues with speakers, door locks and tire monitoring system that I am fed up. I have planned for years to give this truck to my son next year as his first vehicle, but after hearing these same problems are happening to other people and GM will not fix them it upsets me.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 1:17 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by williamsnfl
2008 Cheverolet 1500 Silverado, back door went out last year, had it replaced at the dealership. Front door just went out last week. I think I will try to fix it myself with 2 more doors in the future.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> williamsnfl,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Silverado vehicle. Have you contacted Customer Service regarding this issue?

Please feel free to contact me privately, with the last 8-digits of your VIN, so I may look into this further for you.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 3rd, 2013, 8:54 AM
CF Beginner

I've had two door lock actuators replaced under warranty. Was at the dealership last night looking to buy a new car for the wife and the driver door lock quit working.
Ohh and while at the dealership one of the lot crew employees hit my truck with another truck. The bumper end cap will need to be replaced as well as a the fender repainted. I highly doubt they will offer a 'discount' to replace the door lock since the truck is in for body repair. I'm getting tired of the inferior reliability of GM trucks. After spending $57,000+ on a new truck, a $100 door lock actuator is annoying to say the least.
Old August 5th, 2013, 2:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi everyone, I wanted to post an update to this door lock actuator issue.

Please visit the following link on our site, or click the picture so you can get all the repair info needed.

2007-2013 GM Door Lock Actuator Repair!

GruvenParts.com is proud to release our repair for the 2008-2013 GM passenger door
lock actuators.

BEFORE ORDERING :
Please email Paul@GruvenParts.com with your actuator part number so we can ensure we have it in stock. You can call your dealer and provide them your VIN # and they will give you all your actuator part numbers. Remember : LF (Left Front) is Drivers Side Front, RR (Right Rear) is Passenger Side Rear.

Repair Details
Our FAA licensed Airframe and Powerplant mechanics disassemble the broken actuators, clean and lubricate the core components, and replace the unreliable GM electric motor within the unit. The motor we install is a new high torque design with the factory correct wiring input. Our motor has passed a rigorous 35,000 lock/unlock cycle testing run conducted continuously over the span of 2 full weeks. The repaired units are bolted back together using appropriate fasteners and can be easily re-serviced. We offer a 1 year warranty on all repaired actuators, and we will sell the motor by itself for a small fee to existing repair customers if need be.
The repaired assembly is fully tested prior to shipping.

Eligible Models
2007-2013 Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade, Silverado, Suburban, Sierra, Avalanche (and others) using the following door lock actuators :

R25-87-34-87
L15-89-66-26
L20-78-38-50
L25-86-62-99
R25-87-63-88
25-87-63-90
25-87-63-89
25-87-63-86
25-86-30-21
Please keep checking back on this list, as it continually grows.

Core Charge
There is a $30 core charge which is refunded when you send us your old door lock actuator in serviceable condition (ie, not ripped apart, burned, run over, ect...). Please send your old actuator to :

GruvenParts.com LLC
PO Box 20834
Atlanta, GA 30320

Please include a copy of your original order invoice and write "CORE" on the package.

By Back Program
Do you have a dead actuator lying around the garage? Are you a GM service tech and have buckets of these things collecting dust? You may be able to send it to us for a $5 credit. We are actively building our Cores inventory and we need your actuators. If they are serviceable, we'll issue you a $5 credit towards any GruvenParts.com order. Please emailPaul@GruvenParts.com with your part number(s) to set this up.
Old November 20th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We are still buying broken door lock actuators. If you have any, please click on the product page link below for more information about this.

2008-2013 GM Door Lock Actuator Rebuild - Gruven Parts

Quick Reply: 2008 Door Lock Actuator