Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old July 23rd, 2015, 4:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

2008 silverado 1500 big problems.

Search this Thread

Old January 18th, 2010, 2:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 silverado 1500 big problems.

Hi, I have an 08 I purchased dec of 08, had 29000 miles on it, I have only put 6000 miles on it since I bought it and the last two months I have been having the strangest things happen, been to the dealer 3 times with no luck, hoping someone here may have had similiar issues. When driving down the road, out of the blue the power door locks go on and off, dashboard emblems flicker on and off, radio goes on and off, then it comes out of it, then when I go start the truck, theres nothing there, like someone took the battery out of it, wait a few minutes and it starts up fine, this has been going on for 2 months and lastnight it wouldn't start and it still sits there, its going in again to the dealer but I'm pretty much fed up, does anyone have any ideas or similar experience with yours? It acts like a ground but they have checked everything, problem hasn't happened at the dealer which makes it more difficult, hoping now that it won't start they can figure it out. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.
Old January 18th, 2010, 3:31 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The behavior of the dash going out is the circuit board behind the instrument cluster. Might be the ecm too.
Old January 19th, 2010, 8:21 AM
CF Beginner

Default re 2008 silverado

Yes but the dashboard coincides with the truck losing its power, something else is going on, the truck will shut down and won't turn over until you let it rest for a while, then it starts like nothing has happened.
Old January 19th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I'd check for good grounding from the battery to the chassis and engine block... OHM out the cable just because it looks good doesn't mean it is... the cable can corrode inside the jacket or it could have been crimped too hard and too many strands have broken..
Old January 19th, 2010, 1:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your silverado is haunted!!!. sorry i just had to say that lol.. deff. a eletrical prob.
Old January 19th, 2010, 2:07 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Also check the fuse block assembly, make sure it is fully seated and all the connections are solid, I would disconnect the battery prior to pulling on or re-seating any of the connectors.
I have not removed mine on my 07 Tahoe but the fuse block assembly under the hood looks like it is fully removable, again be sure to disconnect the battery prior to jacking with it so you don't toast anything.

keep us updated
Old January 21st, 2010, 1:04 AM
CF Beginner

Sound like the ecm is bad ask the dealer to check for reflash bullitens.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 10:58 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for all your help, I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 3:34 PM
CF Beginner

Default I had this problem

The battery on your vehicle is bad. I too would drive down the road and the door locks start going off, radio stations losing there memory, etc.. If your vehicle is still under warranty, the dealership will replace for free. I have had no problems since this was done. I hope this helps. If your dealership is not quite sure, have the call Pioneer Chevrolet in Marietta OH and ask for the service department. Let them know your problem and they will tell you they have seen this before.
Old January 24th, 2010, 12:43 AM
CF Beginner

check your fuses

Quick Reply: 2008 silverado 1500 big problems.