Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old July 23rd, 2015, 4:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

2008 silverado 1500 big problems.

Search this Thread

Old January 30th, 2013, 7:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check under hood fuse block rot on circuit board
Old February 24th, 2013, 12:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default 5.3 Bigger Problem

I know intermittant electrical problems can drive you crazy & be expensive BUT my 2008 Avalanche 5.3 lifters & cam were warranty replaced at 60K AGAIN at 106K half on my money (thanks for the hickey) NOW 125K sitting at the same dealer with same issue Tapping Lifters! 1000.00 cash to tear down to discuss with chevrolet...now waiting. Yes performed oil changes, yes one owner, yes worried about dealer & chevrolet. Built like a rock, we'll see.
Good luck on electrical, hope you never have them 3 times over.
Old February 25th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by iamond
I know intermittant electrical problems can drive you crazy & be expensive BUT my 2008 Avalanche 5.3 lifters & cam were warranty replaced at 60K AGAIN at 106K half on my money (thanks for the hickey) NOW 125K sitting at the same dealer with same issue Tapping Lifters! 1000.00 cash to tear down to discuss with chevrolet...now waiting. Yes performed oil changes, yes one owner, yes worried about dealer & chevrolet. Built like a rock, we'll see.
Good luck on electrical, hope you never have them 3 times over.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> iamond,

Please keep us posted of the results of your dealer visit.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 26th, 2013, 8:08 AM
CF Beginner

check the fuse block under the hood i had to replace the one in my 2008 silverado the underside of fuse block was correded
Old May 19th, 2013, 3:09 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by emzornes
Sound like the ecm is bad ask the dealer to check for reflash bullitens.
What is a ecm?
Old May 19th, 2013, 4:24 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Electronic Control Module or you could even say Engine Control Module... a BCM is a Body Control Module
Old June 8th, 2013, 8:07 AM
CF Beginner

Finback i have a 2008 silverado BASE model no power anything and i have had a no start issue and the truck lost its gauges for a split second then strated working as i was driving down the street oh and the a/c shut off for a split second with the gauges. I was just curious that when you were having this problem with your truck did you have these symptoms as well? Thanks
Old October 8th, 2013, 7:10 PM
CF Beginner

I just bought a 2008 Sierra 1500 and am having similar electrical issues. I first noticed it when I shut down the engine and immediately the radio went off. Then all the guage needles started flickering and the doors solenoids started making clicking sounds. I tried to start it again and nothing happened. I opened up the hood and just wiggled the positive battery cable and tried starting it and everything started acting normal again. This happened a few more times and all I would have to do was wiggle the positive cable.

Now while driving I am noticing when the voltage gauge is around 12V the truck will do weird things like restart the radio and turn traction control off for a sec and then back on.

I thought for sure it was the positive battery cable end that was faulty but now I am not too sure. Also I have already tightened and cleaned both sides of the mega fuse and know it is not that.

I got the voltmeter out and started checking out things. I can start the truck and the voltage will read 14.7V and slowly drop down to 12.3V and stay there. I can wiggle the cable and it does not go back up. I turn off the truck and restart it. It goes back to 14.7 and slowly goes back down to 12.3V. I checked for voltage drops between the positive battery cable and the mega fuse. There are none. So I am now not thinking it is the postive cable end.

Any ideas? What voltage should the truck be at in normal condition while the engine is running?
Old December 26th, 2013, 1:11 PM
CF Beginner

Had same electrical problems with 2008 chevy truck. Saw thread about battery terminals. Had replaced battery, and it seamed to get worse. Cut off terminals and replaced with $6 replacement terminals. Everything fine now!
Old January 20th, 2014, 12:19 PM
CF Beginner

2008 Silverado blowing the DLIS fuse... Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: 2008 silverado 1500 big problems.