Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 5:01 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

2008 Silverado dash cracking

Search this Thread

Old March 1st, 2012, 6:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2008 Silverado dash cracking

I have a 08 Silverado with 38000 miles on it and the dash is cracking in a few places around the passenger side air bag. Anybody know the warranty on something like this or how much to fix it?
The following users liked this post:
BustedPlastic (August 2nd, 2021)
Old March 1st, 2012, 8:00 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> O-GO,

I would be happy to assist you with this issue. I will need to set up a case in order to proceed. In order to do so, please PM me the following information: your full name, home address, phone number, actual vehicle mileage, vehicle VIN number and the name of your preferred dealer.

If you prefer to contact Customer Service via phone, you may do so at: 1-800-222-1020

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 1st, 2012, 9:53 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here check this thread out.

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...cracked-26133/
Old April 29th, 2012, 1:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having the same problem with mine. My dash is cracked next to the instrument cluster though - right where the dash begins to curve. I've seen that place and the area around the passenger air bag cracked on numerous vehicles with this setup (Sliverado/Sierra/Tahoe/Yukon/Avalanche..etc). Is this an issue that has been addressed via recall?
Old April 29th, 2012, 2:47 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Leather conditioner work wonders to soften and stopping dring out
carlabehrens (March 13th, 2023)
Old August 24th, 2012, 8:13 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by O-GO
I have a 08 Silverado with 38000 miles on it and the dash is cracking in a few places around the passenger side air bag. Anybody know the warranty on something like this or how much to fix it?
My dash has cracked in 2 places around the air bag! Did any1 ever get GM to own up to the defect
Old February 10th, 2013, 10:01 PM
CF Beginner

my 08 LTZ also has a crack in it by the airbag. noticed a lot of people having the same issue and there needs to be a recall on this.
Old February 11th, 2013, 6:35 AM
CF Beginner

I have written in many times before to try and shed some light on this cracked dash issue that many of us have experienced. It happened to me this past summer on my 2007 Suburban LTZ. I keep my truck like new. Out of nowhere there was a huge crack in my dash. Even though my truck had 80,000 plus miles on it at the time, and was out of warranty, I took it to a dealer here in So. Fla. and they replaced the entire dash for $400. I felt the same way many of you people do. We buy American to support products made here. The least these companies can do is take care of a re-occurring issue that many, many people are having. GM needs to step up, no matter what part of the country you are in, and take care of this. We did bail them out not too long ago. They need to do the right thing for us now. It's a two way street. Dealerships that are quoting some of you $1,000 or more are just ripping you off. If one dealer can do it for $400, so should the rest of them. What is the difference? GM needs to step up, admit that this is a defect and do the right thing. Good luck to all of you. Don't give up. Give em hell!!!
mluz
Old February 11th, 2013, 2:59 PM
CF Beginner

Angry 08 GMC Yukon XL SLT

Guys, I was such a proud owner of my big ole XL. Took excellent care of my baby, then bam while cleaning my truck I noticed a small crack in front of the airbag. I knew instantly my Yukon now suffered the GM dash flaw.

Went through stages of anger, even ashamed when my wife and daughter noticed the crack. It felt like the mighty had fallen. I know I'm being dramatic, but it really hurts. I almost instantly wondered if that Toyota Sequioa would had this problem.

So, now I need to figure out how to get this fixed. Also concerned of possible safety risk since the crack butts up to the passenger airbag.
Old February 21st, 2013, 1:04 PM
CF Beginner

I love my Silverado, but I think I've bought my last one. I notice a crack in my dashboard this morning. I treat my truck like new, but this is the most recent of a lot of issues I've had with this truck. I've had a leak in the sunroof and had to replace the locks of four doors. The sunroof and three of the doors were under warranty. The fourth door and the dashboard are not. I've had more issues with this $40,000 truck then I ever had with my $6000 POS truck that wasn't US made.

Quick Reply: 2008 Silverado dash cracking