Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Towing and Hauling
Print Wikipost

2008 Silverado Trailer Brake Wire Harness

Search this Thread

Old April 25th, 2008, 8:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Silverado Trailer Brake Wire Harness

I am having a tough time locating the Trailer Brake Wiring Harness on a 2008 Silverado. I have the towing package, but not the Integrated Trailer Brake Controller. I want to wire in an aftermarket controller, and I searched the web for the instructions. The first step is finding the trailer brake control circuits under the dash. I have checked the instructions created by R. Schuerman "Sinister SS" and some of the others out there, but they are typically for 2007 Silverados. It looks like for 2008 GM has cleaned up the wiring under the dash so well that I can't find any "pigtails" or "taped up wires" with nice white tags on them that identify them as trailer brake controll circuit wires. Does anyone have any instructions for a 2008 Silverado, or any pictures of exactly where the wires are in the 2008 Silverado?

Thank you.

Steve
Old April 25th, 2008, 9:06 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: 2008 Silverado Trailer Brake Wire Harness

Welcome to the forum!!! Someonehere should be able to help, just hang in there. I know one of the wires to be looking for, if its there,is a heavier blue wire, it is whatrunsfrom the brake controller to the trailer brakes.
Old April 26th, 2008, 7:00 AM
CF Active Member

Send me your email address and I'll send you the instructions I have. dyjack@aol.com
Old April 26th, 2008, 10:10 AM
CF Beginner

Success!!!! I spent another 30 minutes under the dash of my Silverado this morning and found the trailer brake controller wires. They are much further to the left than they were in the 2007 pictures that I have ---basically up and behind the e-brake pedal. The only way I saw them (in my contortionist position) was the white tag that contains the wire id's and is bundled with the wires. Thanks for all the help.

Steve
Old January 7th, 2009, 1:22 PM
CF Beginner

Has anyone tried to install the factory Integrated Trailer Brake Controller in a truck that did not come with one?
Old January 7th, 2009, 4:04 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sswarin

Success!!!! I spent another 30 minutes under the dash of my Silverado this morning and found the trailer brake controller wires. They are much further to the left than they were in the 2007 pictures that I have -basically up and behind the e-brake pedal. The only way I saw them (in my contortionist position) was the white tag that contains the wire id's and is bundled with the wires. Thanks for all the help.

Steve
YES they are tucked up there goo now....glad you found them I was gonna tell ya where they were...they hide them good hey.
Old January 7th, 2009, 4:13 PM
CF Veteran

here is a nice little video of the install http://www.etrailer.com/tv-Brake_Con...MC_Sierra.aspx if you have to hook up the two wire's at the end were they tell you have to provide the nut's they are metric .
Old January 12th, 2009, 2:46 PM
CF Beginner

I also would like to install the factory inttergrated trailer brake controller in my truck. I have the factory tow package, but no controllerand would prefer to install the orig. controller and fill the pocket in the dash! Can this be done? Cost?
Old March 31st, 2010, 10:42 PM
CF Beginner

How can I tell if my truck has an Intergrated Trailer Brake Control option. I was told that I can purchase a new panel that has the controller built in. Has anyone heard of this for a 2008 Chevy Silverado?
Old April 1st, 2010, 12:26 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to the dealership a couple of months ago... Apparently, at the time, they couldn't order what was needed.

Quick Reply: 2008 Silverado Trailer Brake Wire Harness