Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2008 silverado troubles left and right

Old March 27th, 2012, 3:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 silverado troubles left and right

has anyone had troubles with the so called ignation tumblers and stuff ?? nothing but junk and troubles about 900.00 dollars to change and only a one yr warrenty think i'll be going threw this again next yr not bad for a 40,000. dollar truck with only 100,00 on it , not to mention all the other things like wheel bearing hubs and stuff already change ...to think a 70 yr old man races it sooo hard ....NOT , anyone know if you can hot wire them ??? im getting sick of spending all my money at the gm dealership once this is fixed im taking it and trading it for a ford
Old March 28th, 2012, 10:03 AM
CF Active Member

There must be something contributing to making your problem: parking with the wheels forced into the curb or maybe too much stuff on your key chain that causes the key to wear the tumblers while wiggling around. As for wheel bearings at 100000 miles, maybe you should go to someplace besides the dealer, sounds like they need some extra money.
Go buy a Ford last I heard a bunch of guys with diesel trucks were tired of spending lots of money on problems that ford won't own up to.
Old March 29th, 2012, 6:09 AM
CF Beginner

well always leave wheels straight anyone knows that ...i live in a country setting where i would have to drive 30 mins to find the first curb , the only thing on my key chain is the remote starting/door unlocker and the key that wont turn the truck , they said it was faulty craftsmenship but is not coverd because there has not been enough complaints about it , so dont know up in air about it ...not much you can do other then pay it , as for the diesel ...i would rather drive a scooter lol