Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 4th, 2015, 3:46 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:
Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

will not turnover reset security system

Search this Thread

Old August 11th, 2012, 4:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will not turnover reset security system

Hello,

My 08 silverado has a short somewhere because yesterday the day runnning lights were on and the washer fluid pump was running. I disconnected the pump and removed the fuse for the lights. I recharged the battery and it would not turn over. The battery was tested and only had 6 volts with no load after 6 hours on the charger. New battery and it still wont turnover no clicking. All electronics work, just no clicking. Someone mentioned possibly the theft system may need to be reset. How do I do this?
Old August 11th, 2012, 5:33 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Check the anti theft fuse. I won't crank if that circuit is dead.
Old August 11th, 2012, 5:58 PM
CF Beginner

I checked and still nothing the keyless fob works
Old August 11th, 2012, 6:22 PM
CF Monarch

Try putting the shifter in nuetral, give that a shot.
Old August 11th, 2012, 6:26 PM
CF Beginner

Still the same, all electronics inside work ,silence from the engine. The message center shows HOOD OPEN and SERVICE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE
Old August 11th, 2012, 7:45 PM
CF Monarch

Might be the key fob keeping you locked out.
Old August 11th, 2012, 7:57 PM
CF Beginner

I tried my spare key also. I have noticed that things that need the key in the on position are staying on( day running lights, washer pump, and the radio stays on after the door is open) possibly the ignition could be bad????
Old August 14th, 2012, 2:23 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by nbmech
Hello,

My 08 silverado has a short somewhere because yesterday the day runnning lights were on and the washer fluid pump was running. I disconnected the pump and removed the fuse for the lights. I recharged the battery and it would not turn over. The battery was tested and only had 6 volts with no load after 6 hours on the charger. New battery and it still wont turnover no clicking. All electronics work, just no clicking. Someone mentioned possibly the theft system may need to be reset. How do I do this?
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Would you please PM me the last 8-digits of your VIN, so I may look into this further for you?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old August 24th, 2012, 7:22 AM
CF Beginner

UPDATE...
It turns out the body control module, transmission control module, transfer case control module and engine control module were all bad. After talking with a neighbor he remembered hearing a close lightning strike. I guess that could have possibly caused the issue. The dealer is asking GM to assist with the repair cost.
Thanks for your help.
<!-- / message -->