Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2008 silverado windshield washer pump

Search this Thread

Old August 10th, 2012, 8:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 silverado windshield washer pump

Hello,
My 2008 silverado is having some electrical problems.
I parked it today at 1pm and left the area. When I returned at 6pm I heard a noise and found that the washer fluid pump was running. I also noticed tgat the daytime running lights were on, I disconnected the pump and pulled the fuse for the lights. The battery must be dead as it wont turn over. I am going to charge the battery tonight but need assistance with how to troubleshoot the problem. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!
Old August 11th, 2012, 10:37 PM
CF Active Member

did it rain hard there? something may have been shorting out
Old August 13th, 2012, 2:47 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by nbmech
Hello,
My 2008 silverado is having some electrical problems.
I parked it today at 1pm and left the area. When I returned at 6pm I heard a noise and found that the washer fluid pump was running. I also noticed tgat the daytime running lights were on, I disconnected the pump and pulled the fuse for the lights. The battery must be dead as it wont turn over. I am going to charge the battery tonight but need assistance with how to troubleshoot the problem. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Silverado vehicle. Would you please PM me the last 8-digits of your VIN, so I may look into this further for you?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old August 14th, 2012, 8:03 PM
CF Beginner

Hi Louis,
The last 8 #'s are 81113842.
Thanks
Old August 14th, 2012, 8:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

does it have the heated washer reservoir feature or has it been removed already?
Old August 15th, 2012, 8:00 AM
CF Beginner

I dont think it had the heated washer if it did how do i tell??
Old August 16th, 2012, 6:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

should be a button in the center console below the hvac controls. A picture of the button should be in the owners manual.
Old August 24th, 2012, 7:18 AM
CF Beginner

UPDATE...
It turns out the body control module, transmission control module, transfer case control module and engine control module were all bad. After talking with a neighbor he remembered hearing a close lightning strike. I guess that could have possibly caused the issue. The dealer is asking GM to assist with the repair cost.
Thanks for your help.