Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by: Bakliner

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2008, 05:44 PM

Default 2008 silverado WT reg cab into an LTZ

i just bought a new 2008 1500 silverado reg cab WT with onstar and xm and power windows and locks. i got the delearship to reprogram the tire presure sencer module to acept keyless entry witch its not sapose to have.

now i have a few questions i would like to make this truck as close to an LTZ as posible now if i make them order the keyless start module will it work on my truck sence it has keyless entry now?

and i have read the forums on installing factory nav units and i think i know what i need on that if it will work?

i am also wanting to instal factory fog lights is the truck pre wired for that for the most part i would think it would be?

i have the guage pod that only has gas and temp i think this will be easy im not shure but i want to upgrade to the one with battery and oil presure?

i have cruse control on the stering wheel but i would like to add radio controls as well as a new leather wraped wheel i think that should just plug in but i dont know?

one last thing is if i add power seats is there a wiring harness that i can probly get for that?

i also have plans to change out the dash panel (gray) for black and do the same with the door panels.
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 01-09-2008, 12:18 AM

Default RE: 2008 silverado WT reg cab into an LTZ

Why the heck didnt you just buy the LTZ???
Old 01-09-2008, 09:48 AM

Chevrolet does not build a Regular Cab LTZ model.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:02 PM

very true and even if they did it would cost some where around 30k and i plan in being there for around 21k beat that!
Old 01-10-2008, 04:11 PM

I've got an LT and would be interested in some type of fog lights. Maybe a replacement airdam with cutouts.

How do you plan on adding the foglights....New side panels with the cutouts?

If you search eBay for "silverado seat covers" ....there is a guy in Mississippi that sells Katzkin brand leather seatcovers pretty reasonable. If interested I will get more info. I spoke to the owner over the phone and said an extended cab set will cost $400. Said they are not covers, but are replacements. The old ones must come off. He says they are not too hard to put on. I am seriously considering some
Old 01-10-2008, 04:11 PM

Tags
2008, add, cab, entry, keyless, make, module, onstar, power, regular, reviews, seats, silverado, thread, wt