Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2009 Sierra SLE (Slow Starting)

Old June 21st, 2012, 7:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Sierra SLE (Slow Starting)

I posted this in another area but wanted to get out to the whole FORUM.

Here is my truck specs.

2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L V8 (6-Speed) Crew 50,000 miles

How about this one. I went for a ride yesterday (after letting the truck sit in my garage for 3 days not driven) and it was a little slow to start. I went for a 10 mile ride to the gas station and it was the same when I started there. Took a 2 second time frame to start. Then I went another 10 minles and sat for 15-20 minutes. I told my friend "I bet you it will take a few seconds to start.." And behold it took about 4 seconds to finally turn over and start.

Battery seems fine since when it starts there are no dim lights and voltages show 14 +.

Also when not running the lights and power are fine. I just installed the NEW DIC (It was a cake walk to do).

What do you think my issues might be? I hope the dealer corrects this since I only put 200 miles on it!

Here is the warranty that I have left on the truck. Would this issue be covered?

Warranty End Date
PowerTrain Limited Warranty 12-10-2013
Corrosion Limited Warranty 12-10-2014
Emission Select State Component Lty Warranty 12-10-2015
Old June 21st, 2012, 9:20 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Boucher187,

Do you have any after-market accessories installed? This issue can be caused by after-market accessories being installed into the ignition switch wiring.

Items covered under the Powertrain Warranty are available at: GMC Owners | Warranty Coverage and Information | GMC

If you continue to experience this issue, I encourage you to consult with a certified technician for an inspection.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old June 21st, 2012, 9:26 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Boucher187,

Do you have any after-market accessories installed? This issue can be caused by after-market accessories being installed into the ignition switch wiring.

Items covered under the Powertrain Warranty are available at: GMC Owners | Warranty Coverage and Information | GMC

If you continue to experience this issue, I encourage you to consult with a certified technician for an inspection.

Louis
GM Customer Service
The only thing that I have done since owning this was installed the DIC Buttons. Nothing at all aftermarket. The DIC would not cause this issue would it?
Old June 21st, 2012, 11:49 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service

It can be difficult to diagnose issues like this over the internet. I'm sorry, but I am not a technician. I recommend contacting a technician in your area for additional information. They should be able to offer an official diagnosis after inspecting the vehicle.

Louis
GM Customer Service
I am going to take it back to the GM Dealer and they are going to look. Just wanted to see if anyone had any idea what it might be. Hopefully only the battery.
Old June 21st, 2012, 11:49 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

It can be difficult to diagnose issues like this over the internet. I'm sorry, but I am not a technician. I recommend contacting a technician in your area for additional information. They should be able to offer an official diagnosis after inspecting the vehicle.

Louis
GM Customer Service