Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2009 Silverado Stabilitrac issues

Old January 15th, 2012, 12:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Silverado Stabilitrac issues

I read all of the info in a couple of the posts in the uplander forum, however, I wanted to see what you guys on this forum thought. I am having the same issues that many spoke about in that forum. On Friday after warming the truck up for a few minutes, it was idling very rough, the check engine light was on and the info center was cycling through; "Service Stabilitrac, service Traction control, and reduced engine power" or something like that. I was an hour away, I shut the truck off numerous times to see if that did anything. It did not. I drove it around the corner, the brakes were erratic, transmission shifted extremely hard, and couldn't go faster than 20. So I pulled in a parking lot turned it off, waited 5 mins. Turned it back on and all was working good aside from the check engine light still being lit. Drove home with no problems. Had the same issues on Saturday and Sunday. After the initial warmup, truck seems to work fine. Check engine light even went off yesterday afternoon. Of course it is just out of warranty 41,500 miles. So just looking to see if anyone else has had these issues and could let me know what to expect. With this being such a serious issue (at least in my mind) I don't think it is a "wear and Tear" issue and quite frankly I don't think I should be responsible for this, especially because I also just bought the truck around 6 months ago. Just looking for any thoughts or what I should expect. Hopefully this can be resolved quickly without much if any out of my pocket. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old January 15th, 2012, 4:55 PM
CF Junior Member

Had a problem with it to hook up a scan tool to find the code The code on my truck was p2135 took it in to dealer was under powertain warrenty had the same problem you are describing
Old January 15th, 2012, 5:41 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Beamer2,

I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations with your Silverado. Have you take the vehicle in for an inspection for this issue? Could you please PM me your VIN number so I can look into this further for you?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 15th, 2012, 6:55 PM
CF Beginner

hey Louis,

I will PM my VIN when I finish this post. No I was planning on taking it to the dealership tomorrow as they were not open on Saturdays. Thanks for looking into this for me. I am really hoping this will be resolved fairly easily. Thanks again.
Old April 21st, 2014, 11:40 AM
CF Beginner

Default Stabilitrac runs crazy and dash lite says service

Exact same issue as above. I should be under Power Train Warranty. Started at 19,000 miles and now at 22,000. I run with it off until I take it in.