Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2010 silverado cruise control does not work

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2013, 4:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 silverado cruise control does not work

my 2010 Silverado cruise control quit working after a series of events. 1st the radio started changing channels by itself, it would go thru all the preset stations all in sequence. then the volume would go up and down by itself. and lastly the onstar would come on a say onstar ready, then after I didn't say anything it would say good-by. I am not a subscriber to onstar. when I got home I disconnected the battery, as to reset the computer. it did the samething for a short time then everything went back to normal. that is when the cruise control quit working. I do not know if all this is related or not. any suggestions?
Old November 4th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey soohill,

That's definitely strange-- we're sorry that you experienced this with your Silverado. If you'd like, we can research your vehicle profile for any customer satisfaction programs related to this issue. If this interests you, please feel free to PM us and include your VIN and current mileage.

Thanks

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 4th, 2013, 11:06 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be looking in to possible wiring issues. Possible water intrusion at areas around fuse block and junction blocks and even inline connectors. Seems like something is shorting out. I'd take it to dealer so they can pull codes and take a systematic approach to the issues.