Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2011 2500 HD -Driver Side Blinker Wont Blink

Search this Thread

Old November 7th, 2011, 4:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 2500 HD -Driver Side Blinker Wont Blink

I have a 2011 chevy silverado 2500 HD , My drivers side blinkers do not blink and the driver side brake light does not work.. all the bulbs light up when the lights are on but they will not blink..when the drivers side blinker is engaged the signal on the dash will blink rapidly like a bulb is out.. The passangers side is fine, i replaced all the bulbs and nothing has changed.. Is there a blinker relay modulue on the 2011 or has that been replaced with a computer or something.? i went to auto parts store yesterday and they gave me a blinker relay module for a 2011 2500 hd although when i called the dealer to find out where the relay goes i was told that there is not one for the 2011 and it is computerized now.. so wtf?? i pulled the dash apart today and couldn't find anything it just doesnt make sense , the lights light up but wont blink and the passanger side is absolutely fine... The dealer wont fix because i had strobe lights installed on the truck for plowing.. the strobes might be the issue but i also disconnected then and the blinkers still dont work...
probably a short some where but i dont have the experience to fix and dont want to pay someone for 10 hours to not be able to fixx the issue.. any thoughts and insight would be appreciated.. thanks
Old November 7th, 2011, 5:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. The BCM took over the flasher duty for years now. It can sense the integrity of the lamp circuits as well. I think there's one wire coming out of the BCM that supplies voltage on/off to the LR stop and turn signal lamps and another, the LF turn signal lamps. The chassis ground to the lamps completes the electrical circuit. Chances are, there's an open in the circuit somewhere probably from aggressive splicing of wires for the strobe lights. It shouldn't take "10 hours" for the original installer to find the problem.