Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2011 Silverado 2500HD Questions ???

Search this Thread

Old February 7th, 2011, 8:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Silverado 2500HD Questions ???

Got a new Silverado with a couple questions. Trying to figure out which Silverado's get the passenger air bag on/off switch an display light that shows when it is on and off. When I read the owners manual it just talks about, for those vehicles with the switch etc. but don't mention who has it and who don't. Another question I have is about an accessory that was Dealer installed. I got the Hard Tri-folding Tonneau cover (Premium Cloth) and I don't have any information on adjustments, removing and installing, care and cleaning etc. I think there should be an Owners Manual Supplement or some kind of instructions on this. Does anyone have any information on this? Hoping to get a Thread going on questions and information, for to be very specific in my case a 2011 Silverado 2500HD 4WD Crew Cab LTZ Z71 Duramax Diesel. But all Silverado Owners welcome to reply.
Old February 7th, 2011, 9:37 PM
CF Beginner

Pretty sure if you had a switch for your passenger airbag it would be in the glove box area. From what I gather, the HDs dont have the sensor or switch. In your overhead console do you have the indicator lights for airbag on/off?
Old February 7th, 2011, 9:53 PM
CF Beginner

No, I don't have indicator lights for airbag on/off or the switch in the glove box. I wasn't aware that the HD's didn't have the sensor or the switch. I guess the passanger air bags are just on all the time with or without passenger in seat. Thanks for the reply, I was thinking maybe my Silverado was missing something it was suppose to have.
Old February 11th, 2011, 9:13 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by USA1 Z06
Got a new Silverado with a couple questions. Trying to figure out which Silverado's get the passenger air bag on/off switch an display light that shows when it is on and off. When I read the owners manual it just talks about, for those vehicles with the switch etc. but don't mention who has it and who don't. Another question I have is about an accessory that was Dealer installed. I got the Hard Tri-folding Tonneau cover (Premium Cloth) and I don't have any information on adjustments, removing and installing, care and cleaning etc. I think there should be an Owners Manual Supplement or some kind of instructions on this. Does anyone have any information on this? Hoping to get a Thread going on questions and information, for to be very specific in my case a 2011 Silverado 2500HD 4WD Crew Cab LTZ Z71 Duramax Diesel. But all Silverado Owners welcome to reply.
In regards to your passenger airbag switch. It is located inside the passenger seat. When the seat is occupied with a passenger with sufficient mass (nice way of saying heavy enough!), it will turn on the passenger airbag automatically. It should be displayed in a display in a console by the overhead lamps.

Most regular cab trucks have an actual "key" switch to manually turn off the passenger airbags. They do this ONLY in regular cab trucks for child seat installation. Extended cab and Crew cab trucks can put the car seats in the back seating area, thus they don't install the manual override in these trucks.

Hope this helps

Eric
Old February 12th, 2011, 12:07 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey USA, i have an extang hard trifolding bed cover. these require pretty low maintenance. on mine at least to remove it there is a bolt that connects to the lip of the bed rail and i believe a nut or wing nut something to similar that mounts the cover to the bed rail while the part of the bed cover near the tail gate has a device that pulls down that is spring loaded. so you pull it down and slide that over to the bed lip and let the spring attach to the bed lip near the tail gate.