Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2011 silverado is possessed

Search this Thread

Old November 17th, 2014, 10:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 silverado is possessed

I have a 2011 silverado rocky ridge. I took my battery out this past summer to put it in my boat. Well, it didnt work out as planned so I put the battery back in truck.. Well ever since, my truck is possessed.
At night, I hit my brake and my lights dim. A lot of times when i brighten my light, my radio will completely shut off and then restart. During the day, if im running my ac, i can turn my blinker on and the radio will die.
Its like everything is fine until I do something that needs more power (blinker, bright lights, etc) it has gotten to the point where when my radio shuts off, my stabil trak light will come on. - also, often when i cut my truck off, the radio will shut off before I open drivers door..

I started off by checking the connection. I disconnect battery and master fuse and used steel wool to clean all connections, then even added a touch of grease, It worked for about a week, then problem continued. I just bought a new battery and I thought the problem was solved until last night I was driving and brighten my lights and then the radio shut off....

Now Im thinking maybe change battery cables or get a new alternator....

Im about to pull my hair out on this one!!! Any ideas????
Old November 22nd, 2014, 8:44 PM
CF Beginner

I heard some of these new vehicles need a code reset after batteries have been removed. Try calling the dealer to see if your vehicle is like this.
Old November 24th, 2014, 9:34 AM
CF Beginner

I will def call today about that. thanks,

I have rear where some ppl having these issues are changing the ground cable.