Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:14 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.

Old March 7th, 2015, 10:35 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ONLY WAY you are going to get rid of this problem is to get rid of the truck . GM is not going to fix it and ITS NOT THE TIRES !!!! Stop looking for it there . I worked for a GM dealership for twenty something years and gm left me high and dry on this problem also three years ago . I was assured that they were going to fix the problem by a district rep .( LYING POS) Was told to not worry about it when I was in hospital fighting for my life with cancer, and found out the truck was never moved and never worked on during this time. Gm knows there is a problem with these trucks and they know they cant fix it and have NO plans on doing anything about it . I no longer work for them and WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER GM P.O.S. I have a new DODGE 2500 Ram and love it . My old truck was traded in and sold and I heard it has been in and out of the shop numerous times since new owner bought it , for the vibration at 72 mph that GM says is normal operation for a sixty two thousand dollar 3500 dually . Stop fighting the battle and stop buying their products .
Old March 16th, 2015, 3:59 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same vibration issue with my 2000 Silverado. Had alignment and tires balanced. Getting a new set of tires in a couple of months hopefully vibration will go away. Had similar issues with my Vette got an alignment and balance fixed the problem.
Old March 17th, 2015, 10:53 AM
CF Beginner

I just came across an interesting phenomenon with my 2011 and the vibration. I have 32K on the truck and have had a Bak Flip cover on the bed since day one. Had to run a couple days without the cover last week and guess what, I got the vibration, with NO cargo, at highway speeds. Put a medium height load in the bed or put the cover back on and the vibration went away. I am now wondering is the vibration is not a wind turbulence against the tailgate at highway speeds? At least it is food for thought.
Old March 27th, 2015, 10:10 AM
CF Beginner

Default Vibration/Shudder Issues

The problem with my vehicle turned out to be the Torque Converter. Running smoother now.

Hank
Old March 30th, 2015, 6:33 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same issue. 2010 Silverado Z71. I get a vibration in the middle to rear of truck between 30-55mph. I have new balanced tires. This is disappointing.