Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?

Old June 29th, 2015, 12:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Silverado A/C broke

Originally Posted by Magnes
We bought our 2014 Chevy Z71 LTZ 4 Door 1/2 ton truck last June when they first came out. My wife was hell bent on getting one as soon she saw the new design. We flew from Mississippi to Houston, rented a car, and drove to Austin to pick it up. It's a good looking truck but now that we've had it just over a year, putting some miles on it (almost 34,000), and the warranty is about over with, the AC has gone out on us.

The AC is just blowing hot air. Had been working fine up until this afternoon. The controls all work, the vents change as they should, just no cool air.

Has anyone else had this issue?

We are going to take it to a dealer for repair but our experience with these dealers so far has not been a good one. I understand that cars break but it would be nice for the dealers to at least ACT like they want to help... No loaner car and a week wait to find the problem is a bit frustrating for someone who just spent $40,000 on their product.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas or experience with the problem, I would love to hear from you. Thank You!
I also had this occur to me today on my 2014. It has about 35k in mile on it but I never expected to encounter this issue this soon. Is this an inherent issue with this vehicle?

Tom
Old June 29th, 2015, 3:54 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2014 Silverado AC broke

Just following up on a thread I posted earlier, MY AC went out and bc I'm an Uber driver, I cannot work at all until this issue is fixed. The truck has about 35k mile - I shouldn't encounter this type of issue on such a new vehicle should I? Also, is this covered by warranty? I'm not pleased at all bc it prevents me from working and second I don't think this type of issue should be occurring on my truck..... "Losing income while I sit here" Thanks Chevy, really
Old June 30th, 2015, 7:57 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Hobbes22
Just following up on a thread I posted earlier, MY AC went out and bc I'm an Uber driver, I cannot work at all until this issue is fixed. The truck has about 35k mile - I shouldn't encounter this type of issue on such a new vehicle should I? Also, is this covered by warranty? I'm not pleased at all bc it prevents me from working and second I don't think this type of issue should be occurring on my truck..... "Losing income while I sit here" Thanks Chevy, really
Hello Hobbes22,

We truly apologize for the unexpected concerns with the A/C. We would be more than happy to look into this further for you. Please send us a private message to us along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 30th, 2015, 2:06 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by Jlopez3
I am beyond pissed of with this truck ever since I got it has been nothing but problems. First The transmission went out twice, then they had to put sims in my motor because it had a hard idle and by the way it still does. Now my ac went out and beyond pissed. All my life I've had ****ty cars then I get this brand new truck because I thought it was going to be reliable come to find out I've had more problems with this truck then I have ever had with any other of my vehicles.
Hello Jlopez3,

We truly apologize for the unexpected concerns! You have the right to expect long-term reliability from your new car and we would be more than happy to look into this further for you. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 21st, 2015, 4:32 PM
CF Beginner

First off, new member, first Post.. Not my first Chevy..

I have a slightly different issue and thought id ask here and see if anyone has similar or if its 'normal' for the truck.

I have a 2015 Silverado LT double-cab 4x4 4.3 with allstar.. so I have the electronic dual zone climate control.

my truck is a month old today, and has 329 Miles on it..

it seems that if the truck sits a day or two, i get in, press the A/C button(the climate system is usually on, but I turn off the A/C button when I stop), and I get Warm / Hot air for at least 2-3 minutes.. (not even trying to cool).. then I hear a faint "hissing" in the vents and slowly over the next 5 minutes or so the air gets Cool but Never ice cold...

if I get on the freeway it will get to where it feels "cooler than just cool"

is it normal for these not to Blow the wicked Cold air like the 2005 Silverados do?

is it normal for it to take so long to START cooling? I know it will take a while to make the cab cool but all my other cars pretty much blow cold air right away when I press 'A/C'..

I keep both Zones set at 60 and the fan in the middle or one above the middle...

I hope its not broken already with such a beautiful new truck!

this has gotten seemingly progressively worse since I got it.. though the weather is definitely also gotten hotter slowly since I got it a month ago..
-Christopher
Old July 22nd, 2015, 7:00 AM
CF Beginner

I have a 2014 Silverado that the AC went out on. I took it to the dealer and it had a cracked AC Compressor. Exact wording was the compressor shattered and tore up the serpentine belt. It is taking 2 days to fix but I hope that ends the problem.
Old July 24th, 2015, 9:19 AM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by gunny1956
I have a 2014 Silverado that the AC went out on. I took it to the dealer and it had a cracked AC Compressor. Exact wording was the compressor shattered and tore up the serpentine belt. It is taking 2 days to fix but I hope that ends the problem.
Hi Gunny1956,

Very sorry for the unexpected concern with your new truck! This is definitely not the kind of impression we wanted to provide you, but we are happy to hear that everything seems to be moving along in the repair process. Feel free to keep us posted on when you get your truck back, and know that we are here if you need additional assistance.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 25th, 2015, 7:56 AM
CF Beginner

Well, being the original poster on this thread I just wanted to come back and see if any answers had been given or any recalls made... What do I find? An ever growing thread full of disappointed people with new Chevy trucks and no A/C.

So what kind of answers are they getting? Well, it's the same old same old "send us a private message about it".

Meanwhile people spend, what amounts to, a small fortune on these trucks only to have the A/C go out multiple times. Sure warrantee fixes are great WHILE THE WARRANTEE LASTS but, as we all know, it doesn't last very long. Chevy just replaces the bad part with the same (soon to be) bad part and as soon as your warrantee is over - Guess what? - You get to BUY that part over and over.

It's BS. We spent a lot of money on that 2014 1500 LTZ Z71. That thing had EVERY option. The only thing it didn't have was a manufacturer who cares about repeat business.

We got rid of that thing as soon as the warrantee was up because the cost to keep it on the road would have been astronomical. It wasn't just the A/C issues. There were MULTIPLE problems that Chevy just kept half-*** fixing or not fixing at all.

Meanwhile we traded that 2014 LTZ Z71 in, lost money, but got a GREAT truck. The 2014 Dodge we have now has over 30,000 miles and hasn't had a single problem. It pulls a trailer better, runs STRONGER, drives as good as the Chevy, looks as good as the Chevy, and is put together BETTER than the Chevy.

I know most people won't see this thread until they already sunk money into the Chevy, and that's a shame, but even if I can help convince 1 person to think twice - It's worth it.

Do yourself a favor: BUY A DODGE TRUCK (and get the 5.7 Hemi) - You'll be glad you did.
Old July 27th, 2015, 3:32 PM
CF Beginner

I have had A/C problems with my new 2014 Silverado I bought in March. I just picked it up from the dealership for the 4th time and it only has 7,000 miles on it. I have to say that the customer service at the dealership was great they put me in a DRAC unit all 4 times but I was out of my truck for almost a month while they worked on it. My issue was a bad crimp in the Evap core. Here are the chain of events. The first visit they said it was a line going to the compressor and bracket. fixed it. drove it for 2 weeks went out again. second time they put die in system and recharged. lasted a week. third visit changed Schrader valve which didn't make sense to me but I'm no mechanic. lasted another week. My 4th and final trip before bringing it in last week I borrowed a black light and found the problem MYSELF. The dye was all over the inner fender. I told the General Manager what I thought it was and WOW I was right. Now there is no reason for a customer to have to troubleshoot his own problems with a 52K vehicle. I am concerned about problems with something in the dash because most of it had to be removed to get to the evap. core at this point. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else as I just wanted to add to the issues incase it may help someone else. I did state to the GM that if there was another issue with the A/C that I was going to instate the Lemon Law. I have been extremely patient up till now but this is the last straw.
Old July 28th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by dconstant1971
I have had A/C problems with my new 2014 Silverado I bought in March. I just picked it up from the dealership for the 4th time and it only has 7,000 miles on it. I have to say that the customer service at the dealership was great they put me in a DRAC unit all 4 times but I was out of my truck for almost a month while they worked on it. My issue was a bad crimp in the Evap core. Here are the chain of events. The first visit they said it was a line going to the compressor and bracket. fixed it. drove it for 2 weeks went out again. second time they put die in system and recharged. lasted a week. third visit changed Schrader valve which didn't make sense to me but I'm no mechanic. lasted another week. My 4th and final trip before bringing it in last week I borrowed a black light and found the problem MYSELF. The dye was all over the inner fender. I told the General Manager what I thought it was and WOW I was right. Now there is no reason for a customer to have to troubleshoot his own problems with a 52K vehicle. I am concerned about problems with something in the dash because most of it had to be removed to get to the evap. core at this point. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else as I just wanted to add to the issues incase it may help someone else. I did state to the GM that if there was another issue with the A/C that I was going to instate the Lemon Law. I have been extremely patient up till now but this is the last straw.
Hello dconstant1971,

We truly apologize for the reoccurring concerns involving the A/C. This is certainly not the kind of impression we wanted to provide you, and we can understand how frustrating this may have been for you. If you need any additional assistance, please feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?