Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

2014 silverado with a bad vibration

Search this Thread

Old December 11th, 2013, 7:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2014 silverado with a bad vibration

Ok so I broke down and bought a new truck took it straight to a shop and put new rockstar rims and nittos on it. Truck looks great I feel great. Two weeks later I drive from fl to tn and start getting a vibration, get to tn I have the rims stud balanced ans seemed fine. Three days later head back to florida and vibration comes back, but worse . So I think it's the rims and tires and rims so I put stock tires back on and it's still there. So my new truck with 2100 miles got to dealership, which sucks. Been there for 5 days they called to day and said my stock tires and rims where out of balance. What a joke I called gm corp number and they are looking into
Old January 18th, 2014, 2:57 PM
CF Beginner

I aiso purchased a 2014 Silverado. It has a drive line vibration between 55-65. I took it to the dealer for all recalls and mentioned the vibration. They test drove it, then some new units and found the same vibration. The loaner they gave me, also a 2014 Silverado had the same vibration. The vibration is felt in the steering and accel pedal. The 2013 I traded in did not have this vibration. Because the dealer found this in other new units, he deemed it a normal condition. I have been a mechanic for 38 years and have 23 ASE certs 2 Masters. This is not a normal condition and will cause a failure of some kind in the future. I believe this to be a engineering problem which needs to be addressed. My 2014 has all of 1280 miles on it and I am not a happy camper at this point. I will continue to work through district management. If I have no results, guess I will try the lemon law.
Old January 21st, 2014, 11:31 AM
CF Beginner

Default Bad shake

Originally Posted by ajutzi
I aiso purchased a 2014 Silverado. It has a drive line vibration between 55-65. I took it to the dealer for all recalls and mentioned the vibration. They test drove it, then some new units and found the same vibration. The loaner they gave me, also a 2014 Silverado had the same vibration. The vibration is felt in the steering and accel pedal. The 2013 I traded in did not have this vibration. Because the dealer found this in other new units, he deemed it a normal condition. I have been a mechanic for 38 years and have 23 ASE certs 2 Masters. This is not a normal condition and will cause a failure of some kind in the future. I believe this to be a engineering problem which needs to be addressed. My 2014 has all of 1280 miles on it and I am not a happy camper at this point. I will continue to work through district management. If I have no results, guess I will try the lemon law.

I had a 2014 double cab LTZ and GM bought it back because there is no fix for the shake in the trucks. They could not fix it even after trying new tires.
Old January 25th, 2014, 2:11 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just bought a 2014 GMC 3500HD Diesel. No vibration at any speed up to 75. 18" wheels, but I assume that's standard. Is the vibration "fast" like a drive shaft issue or slower like a wheel issue? At highway speed, a drive shaft vibration is almost a buzz instead of a shake. Maybe since the diesel is at 1500 RPM at 65 mph, it's a non-problem.
Old January 29th, 2014, 8:07 AM
CF Beginner

Default Vibration

I am thinking you are Ok on the Diesel. I am guessing it is related to the gas fuel management engines. (possibly crankshaft journal orientation).
Old February 12th, 2014, 1:15 PM
CF Beginner

Is there any update on this shake? did they find a fix? Is it because of the cylinders cutting out? Does it do it when you put the tow/haul switch on? I would like to know before I spend 50,000 on a truck Thanks guys
Old March 10th, 2014, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

My 2014 has had the vibration since I bought it in January. It now has 1800 miles on it. The dealer claims the transmission needs to "wear in". Anyone know anything about that? I want my 2009 back!!
Old March 11th, 2014, 6:42 AM
CF Beginner

Its not the transmission. I have been working with GM and their engineers and they are just throwing parts at it. I have moved on to a third party possible solution.
Old March 11th, 2014, 7:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

gm has a vibration analyzer. It will measure the frequency of the vibration so you can tell if its a first, second or third order vibration. this can help to isolate where the vibration is coming from be it tires, driveline or eng/trans.

Under what driving conditions do it occur? Any changes when you put the trans into neutral while driving and let it roll?
Old March 11th, 2014, 6:11 PM
CF Beginner

Does it go away above 65? Do you feel it 70? Is it the cylinders management system your feeling. Do you feel it when going up hill with your foot into the pedal

Quick Reply: 2014 silverado with a bad vibration