Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

2014 silverado with a bad vibration

Search this Thread

Old December 12th, 2014, 9:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by in2pro
I am guessing they have ruled out drive shaft, transmission and flex plate?

vibration comes from something heavy spinning or something not so heavy spinning fast...
It's really hard to say, It's like a big secret the Service Manager has
been very up front but he can only do that when he gets the info out
of the GM engineer

I'm just staying in a wait and see mode
Old December 12th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Don't be afraid to throw suggestions out there and demand that they be considered and looked at... if you are on the 4th plus round of tires being balanced and swapped out, its probably not the tires or wheels at this point...
Its good that they are duplicating those efforts, however its time to start thinking bigger picture of spinning items...
Old December 13th, 2014, 2:37 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
Don't be afraid to throw suggestions out there and demand that they be considered and looked at... if you are on the 4th plus round of tires being balanced and swapped out, its probably not the tires or wheels at this point...
Its good that they are duplicating those efforts, however its time to start thinking bigger picture of spinning items...
I've compiled quite a few things to bring to the engineers attention

I'm just waiting to see what GM Engineering has come up with seeing
how they've had my truck since 12/10/2014
Old December 14th, 2014, 12:39 AM
CF Beginner

Default My 2014 Chevy Suburban Vibration

Originally Posted by Ebel27
The vibration is mainly between 55 and 80 mph. Felt most on the freeway with cruise control on. And the vibration goes away if you shift to neutral. She is back at the dealer now so I will let everyone know what they say this time.
My 14 Chevy Suburban purchased 3 weeks ago CPO at 28k miles w/still warranty + additionally purchased warranty. On or about 39 MPH to 50 MPH in acceleration and deceleration, there is tremendous vibration. This happens while in local streets to highway. Initially w/stock rims and tires - same issues. And, new 22 inch rim & high end Bridgestone tires - same issues. Took it to the dealer. Inital take in, mechanics have said there is no issues and this is normal. I took it back and requested have service manger test drive with me. He agreed that I have a vibration problem. Replaced Propeller shaft. Ironic that the service dept. have said all is fixed. 5 minutes after I drove off, the same issue occurred. They are having to contact GM engineer to fly in from Detroit to review it. Anyhone with any thoughts on this. The noise is so bad, I am speeding to hit the higher speed 50 MPH + and to slower my vehicle at 38 MPH below, thus creating a dangerous driving habit.
Old December 14th, 2014, 11:48 AM
CF Beginner

I have a 2014 Silverado with the 6.2 and have not had any vibration issues. Is this vibration issue only on trucks with the 5.3 liter? You may want to compare notes on the engine sizes.
Old December 15th, 2014, 1:55 AM
CF Beginner

I will & thank you. The dealer service dept does not think this is engine issues. Also, two other local shops think this has something to do with drive train to transmission. Hey, thanks!

Last edited by jk2jksr; December 15th, 2014 at 2:01 AM.
Old December 15th, 2014, 4:08 PM
CF Beginner

I had a 2013 2500HD which had a horrible clunking noise when I was between 20-40 mph. Dealer said it was "suppose to do it". Got sick of it and traded it in on a new 2014 z71 1500. It has a vibration above 70. Will deal with it at my first oil change. Miss the 2500HD 1500 feels like a toy but does ride nicer.
Old December 17th, 2014, 4:44 PM
CF Beginner

Well another week without my truck

It's not the Dealers problem it's a GM PROBLEM in three day's the GM engineer had spent
with my truck, I or the Service Director really have no clue as to what Mr. engineer
did or anything as far as an idea as to what's causing the vibration issue

[Violent rhetoric removed to ensure reader safety]
Old January 1st, 2015, 7:04 PM
CF Beginner

Default Scared

Well I was at the dealership today and agreed in principle to buy a 2014 1500 4.3 regular cab but the more I Read about all these vibration problems all you guys are having I think my 2010 1500 is going to stay in my driveway. It's been a great truck. I guess I just got new truck fever.
Old January 2nd, 2015, 9:05 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Truckinkjm
Well I was at the dealership today and agreed in principle to buy a 2014 1500 4.3 regular cab but the more I Read about all these vibration problems all you guys are having I think my 2010 1500 is going to stay in my driveway. It's been a great truck. I guess I just got new truck fever.
Smart Move

This just announced

General Motors issues three new recalls, cites ignition systems

Read it all the way through

Quick Reply: 2014 silverado with a bad vibration