Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

2014 silverado with a bad vibration

Search this Thread

Old October 1st, 2016, 8:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

unless you have a Electronic vibration analyzer tool(google it) to measure the vibration frequency (which can pinpoint the source) you must rule out each possible cause by substitution.
i would start in this sequence:
-roadforce balance or swap the tires and wheels
-rear driveshaft
-complete rear axle assembly
You can see the problem with trying to do it this way.

The eva is a gm dealer essential tool. A skilled tech who knows how to use this tool can find the source in one test drive. Every rotating part has a resonance frequency. The tool measures this. Tires are in one range, axles, driveshafts another...as they all turn at different speeds. Without it, its guesswork.

Last edited by tech2; October 1st, 2016 at 9:04 AM.
Old January 5th, 2017, 3:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello GM Tech's So................ WHAT IS THE FIX for diriv vibration ISSUE !!!!!

I believe we all have a similar driveline vibration issue. Although we may be explaining the vibration in different words. WHAT is the FIX ????
Old September 18th, 2017, 11:48 AM
CF Beginner

Default Vibration

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello All,

Please feel free to reach out to us if any extra assistance is needed. We will be glad to create a case in order to document your concerns within our database. We can also reach out to your dealerships and work alongside them to try to find the best solution to your concerns. If any extra help is needed, please send us a private message with your full contact information, dealership, VIN, and current mileage. We will be glad to hep!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I'm I'm new to this site not sure how to send you a private message.
Old September 18th, 2017, 11:54 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Jrey1969
I have an update on my situation. I have had to cool off for about the last 4 hours before I posted this.
As some of you know my truck is back at the dealer again. It has been there for going 11 days now. I will give you some exact numbers so that you can get the full idea.
Purchase date 7-11-14
First attempt to repair 7-25-14
First attempt miles 1204
Truck now has near 8300 ish miles (I think because I have not seen it in 11 days)
I will give you just the rental car days to start
8-14 for 26 days
9-19 for 27 days
10-31 for 11 days
11-20 for Who knows yet
We are at 79 days total to date that they have had my truck in the last 5 months.

General Motors called today and is wanted to trade me out of my truck for another truck just like mine same year and etc.
They were only going to charge me $3482 for the trade
WHAT???? I dont think so!!!

I blew a gasket!!! I have been very patient with them about all of this.
I called the dealer and lost control. They said that the agreement that they (dealer) had with GM was that they would just trade and take care of all expenses to do so. So when Moses called back from GM he said that he would waive all the fees and trade MSRP for MSRP. They just tried to get me for another $3482 because the GM rep told me that Moses was not supposed to ask me for that. WHAT?? How did he have that exact number.

This is not all that has happened. This is the short version. I just wanted to inform some of you and vent some. It has not made me feel any better. I have completed my claim with the Better Business Bureau. I have filed a claim with the Attorney Generals Office in my state. I am going to head to more social media that will direct effect my dealer in the area. I have retained an attorney and I will settle for nothing less that a full buy back from them. My attorney has stated that I have a great case. I guess we will see. I love my Chevy truck!
Let let me know how it goes I have the same problem. My vehicle shakes horribly between 75 and 80
Old September 19th, 2017, 6:19 AM
CF Beginner

is this a problem with all size tires or just the ones larger than 18"
Old September 19th, 2017, 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by motorman
is this a problem with all size tires or just the ones larger than 18"
I've I've only had the 18s on my truck, however I've tried 3 different rims and the problem is still there. The dealership says they can't figure out what's wrong and that they cannot fix it
Old September 25th, 2017, 9:10 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Jshehan
I'm I'm new to this site not sure how to send you a private message.
chevy shake between 60-80 mph

hello

i am writing to you because I purchase a certified pre owned 2015 chevy silverado with 22k I am now at 24k and I keep experience a severe shake on the highway between 60-80 mph. I originally took it to the dealership I bought it at and

the changed one tire and could not get rid of the shake.

I took it to discount and had the tires rebalanced and Ed and couldn't get rid of it either.

Went back to to the dealership I bought it at again and they road forced and again we encountered the shake.

I went to to a different dealership closer to home and they again said it was the tires.

I went to discount and spent $1200 hundred dollars in ties and wheels, they road forced balanced the tires all well in spec.

I went to to the dealership again and said I cannot drive this truck and it's becoming a serious problem and to please look and see if it's the drive shaft or perhaps the something is out of balance.

They em said since I bought new tires and wheels at their suggestion, that I have to put back in the stock tires and wheels that I had in it.

I am thoroughly frustrated and simply want the dealership to scope the drive shaft or the hubs and help me be a happy chevy owner.

Please message me back.

Rbiz2000@gmail.com
Old February 11th, 2018, 10:11 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ajutzi
Its not the transmission. I have been working with GM and their engineers and they are just throwing parts at it. I have moved on to a third party possible solution.
I'm having the same problem and the service manager is telling me it's normal. This is not normal. Have you discovered any new information
Old February 11th, 2018, 10:18 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Rich Amzallag
chevy shake between 60-80 mph

hello

i am writing to you because I purchase a certified pre owned 2015 chevy silverado with 22k I am now at 24k and I keep experience a severe shake on the highway between 60-80 mph. I originally took it to the dealership I bought it at and

the changed one tire and could not get rid of the shake.

I took it to discount and had the tires rebalanced and Ed and couldn't get rid of it either.

Went back to to the dealership I bought it at again and they road forced and again we encountered the shake.

I went to to a different dealership closer to home and they again said it was the tires.

I went to discount and spent $1200 hundred dollars in ties and wheels, they road forced balanced the tires all well in spec.

I went to to the dealership again and said I cannot drive this truck and it's becoming a serious problem and to please look and see if it's the drive shaft or perhaps the something is out of balance.

They em said since I bought new tires and wheels at their suggestion, that I have to put back in the stock tires and wheels that I had in it.

I am thoroughly frustrated and simply want the dealership to scope the drive shaft or the hubs and help me be a happy chevy owner.

Please message me back.

Rbiz2000@gmail.com
​​​​​ I totally agree with everything you're saying. I'm having the same frustrations with the service manager just throwing Parts at it. Saying this is normal. If it's normal then why are you throwing Parts at it?. this is a very serious problem that could lead to safety issues which could possibly cause the truck to fail while driving and have serious injuries as a result. General Motors you need to fix this make it right!
Old October 26th, 2019, 10:28 AM
CF Beginner

Default Bad vibration!!

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello All,

Please feel free to reach out to us if any extra assistance is needed. We will be glad to create a case in order to document your concerns within our database. We can also reach out to your dealerships and work alongside them to try to find the best solution to your concerns. If any extra help is needed, please send us a private message with your full contact information, dealership, VIN, and current mileage. We will be glad to hep!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I have a 2014 Silverado vin # 3GCPCRECOEG496658,At speeds of 65- 85 the vibration is unbearable I have 126000 on this vehicle and am wanting a solution to the problem, on another note the tail light harness have both malfunctioned and have been replaced not to mention one of the door Locks intermittently quits working. I would like to know why Gm is letting this issue go? I have had 5 silverados of all different years and would like to continue buying them . The quality and so called commitment gm has behind there product doesn’t seem to be there! Please respond with some information for me thank you!! Sincerely Dave Herrington