Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

2014 silverado with a bad vibration

Search this Thread

Old August 6th, 2014, 4:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wotjohn
Chevy Customers Service is a joke they will tell you to give Vin mileage and contact information then you will never hear from them again.
I had a problem on a GMC truck a year old. Made the mistake of calling GM customer service and hooking into of those third party reps that take phone calls or troll forums looking to open and close tickets.
I was elevated to a District rep, who was nothing more than another recent college grad with a title in the same cube farm, who probably never owned a car.
The "GM" CS rep kept referring to his "internal resources", and basically was an order taker reporting in to an actual GM employee who cleared or denied claims.

Mary Barra needs to look into that end of the business as well and start chopping heads. This little operation is helping to kill repeat business.
Old August 7th, 2014, 7:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the dealership i'm at had 2 trucks back to back with this issue. after the normal process of eliminating the usual tire/driveshaft etc; the problem was isolated to the transmission. Our trans rebuilder tore down the trans for inspection and found nothing out of order. the trans was reassembled with new internals and the problem was corrected.
Old August 7th, 2014, 12:57 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
the dealership i'm at had 2 trucks back to back with this issue. after the normal process of eliminating the usual tire/driveshaft etc; the problem was isolated to the transmission. Our trans rebuilder tore down the trans for inspection and found nothing out of order. the trans was reassembled with new internals and the problem was corrected.
Was it the chevy dealer who tore into the tranny or a private garage? I always thought Chevy dealers will never rebuild a tranny they just service them.
Old August 7th, 2014, 7:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by 98k
Was it the chevy dealer who tore into the tranny or a private garage? I always thought Chevy dealers will never rebuild a tranny they just service them.
you got some bad info. Our trans rebuilders have the latest factory training on all the newest gm transmissions. Why would we send it out to a trans rebuilder who never had one apart?
Gm won't pay warranty coverage to an independent to fix their cars.

Last edited by tech2; August 7th, 2014 at 7:52 PM.
Old August 7th, 2014, 9:37 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Its been my experience that its about the same cost to buy a re-manufactured one that it is to just have yours rebuilt... with a re-man you also get the benefit of any upgrades/updates being installed, this is not always the case for a local shop rebuild...
Old August 12th, 2014, 9:49 PM
CF Beginner

Default Cant get 2014 silverado 6.2L VIBRATION fixed

So I ordered my truck waited 4 months to get it and now this vibration. At first I thought it was a tire issue so was not really concerned until I sold my stock wheels and tires to a friend since I was going to lift mine and put some 33 inch tires on it. So I borrowed his wheels until my lift was put on with new tires but even with those wheels and tires which were off of a 2010 tahoe it still had a vibration at 40 mph and up worse on the freeway. So I took it to the dealer before I lifted the truck and ruined my warranty. After they blamed the different wheels I went home swapped back my wheels and returned it to the dealer with the same vibration. Then it took 3 days before I got a diagnosis that the rear differential was out of spec which was the conclusion from there tech and support line. So after a total of being in a rental for 10 days not counting the 2 days when it started with no rental I got my truck back on a Friday so on my drive home that day I noticed it still had a vibration!!!! So back to the dealer first thing Monday morning it is now Tuesday and I get a call back that they are saying that they road force balanced all 4 tires and its better and they drove a couple of new units on there lot and some have a worse vibration. Lemon law here comes another truck I guess I will get my claim started. I have owned a 2005 silverado, 2011 silverado and this is my 2nd 2014 silverado first time I am disappointed in gm.
Old August 13th, 2014, 7:10 PM
CF Beginner

I haven't been on here in a while I didn't know there was this many people that had the same problem. It's not funny but it is cause you can't lemon law it unless it's confirmed problem three times for the exact thing. They road forced my tires, changed my tires kept my truck on and off for 18 days gave a loaner that was brand new and it vibrated also after bout 200 miles gm is a joke I have drove gm trucks all my life I have three now one has 200k miles on it and drives better than the 2014 I had. They say they will fix it and you can make a complaint to gm directly but in the end they don't want to say there is a problem and won't i will never buy new again I just did cause I always wanted to and couldn't afford too but that was all ruined when I could afford one and it turn into the biggest regret of my life. But I no longer have the 2014 I traded it in lost about 2k and bought a tacoma different truck yes, smaller yes, holds better value yes and doesn't vibrate that worth the change the new Chevys suck to say the least
Old August 13th, 2014, 9:16 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I have co-worker that just bought a Toyota Tundra, pretty nice truck and he admits it has its short comings on towing and power but his sentiment was the the same, really did like the looks of the Ford, Chevy and Dodge but the plain and simple is they are not known for quality/reliability...
Old September 20th, 2014, 3:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default Vibration

Originally Posted by CCLB4X4Dually
Is there any update on this shake? did they find a fix? Is it because of the cylinders cutting out? Does it do it when you put the tow/haul switch on? I would like to know before I spend 50,000 on a truck Thanks guys
Hey guys, I have a GMC Sierra double cab w/20's and I have the same problem, terrible vibration at anything faster than 60mph?
I work for a GMC Dealer and our service thinks I'm crazy.
My console and passenger seat shakes bad, but I have no vibration in the steering wheel?
They road forced the tires and balanced the wheels twice with no change?
I have 6000 miles on it now and very frustrated, this is my 5th Sierra and I like this one the best except for the vibration that no one can figure out.
It's not the engine because it doesn't matter if it's 4cyl or v8 mode.
Let me know if anyone finds a fix?
Old October 1st, 2014, 8:10 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2014 LTZ Silverado shacking

I have had over 12 brand new chevy trucks starting around 1986 Always Enjoyed everyone. 2014 not so much. its been to shop 8 times or so. tell the dealer each times it has a vibration they tell me they are a new program they need to add should help. No HELP!!!!! every time a friend get in my truck. there like hey can you fell that vibration. I think you have a loose wheel.now I just say yap( sucks for me). it only cost $50,000.00 and they want do anything. I have been real nice to this point. headed back to dealership today. thank god I purchase the best warranty. but if they don't fix it I guess they beat me out of that cash to. If there is away to fix this please call me at 256-558-1075. thanks jack hall . 98% sure the shack come from engine or truck has two problems. my truck shacks sometimes at red light. kind of like a mounds candy bar some times it does...etc. the shack may be coming from body design need to take one to wind tunnel or let Nascar team find problem. There would be no way you could race it.

Quick Reply: 2014 silverado with a bad vibration