Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2014 Silverado Radio Reception Issues

Search this Thread

Old December 17th, 2013, 8:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Silverado Radio Reception Issues

Is anyone having FM radio reception issues with their 2014 Silverado? AM is decent, but the FM has poor range. Stations that used to easily come in on other vehicles no longer come in or have static.

The dealer tried to get technical about radio signals and how they are only good to 40 miles etc. I've lived here my entire life and every other vehicle I've has a better reception range. Not to mention those stations came in fine on the Equinox loaner they gave me while it was in the shop!
Old December 17th, 2013, 6:20 PM
CF Beginner

I've had the exact opposite experience. Which radio do you have? Where do you live?
Old December 25th, 2013, 7:07 AM
CF Beginner

I have had my '14 Silverado for almost a week. I am having the same problem. Local radio stations that come in just fine on my '07 Tahoe and every other vehicle I have ever owned now do not come in at all. Nothing but static. I live 40 miles north of the city but this has never been a problem before. Even while in the city the radio reception is below average at best. Signal comes in and out. What did you do to remedy this problem?
Old December 26th, 2013, 8:47 AM
CF Beginner

I replaced my factory fender antenna with an after market and have great FM reception. My XM reception still sucks but the local satellite radio dealer says it's an inherent problem with the poor quality roof antenna installed by GM. We proved this by running an external antenna and aftermarket XM portable receiver for a few weeks with no problems.
Old December 27th, 2013, 7:52 AM
CF Beginner

I took my truck back to the dealership yesterday. They put a new antenna on the truck and now my reception is great. I never had a problem with the XM, so that works just fine like always. But now my FM works great too. Maybe this will help some other people with the same problem.
Old December 28th, 2013, 8:54 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the feedback. I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer... My new 2014 Silverado has been in the shop for over two weeks due to another issue: Weird sound coming from the rear of the truck! Once warmed up, a rattling/vibrating sound occurs when in a low RPM and low speed setting for the current gear under 55mph. It most often occurs between 20-40 mph. Apparently it's a bearing issue in the rear differential. Glad I spent $40,000 on a new truck to have a crap radio and drive train issues. The loaner vehicle they gave me, a Chevy Equinox, has much better radio reception by the way.

I'm going to show the dealer these posts and hope they fix the reception issue. If anyone else is having issues please reply to this thread. I'll let you know how I make out.
Old December 30th, 2013, 4:39 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by xthefifthx
I took my truck back to the dealership yesterday. They put a new antenna on the truck and now my reception is great. I never had a problem with the XM, so that works just fine like always. But now my FM works great too. Maybe this will help some other people with the same problem.
Hey xthefifthx,

We're glad to see the issues with your antenna have been resolved. We love reading this kind of news! Please feel free to contact us in the future with any questions or concerns.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old January 4th, 2014, 7:15 PM
CF Beginner

Default fm radio reception on 2014 1500 Silverado

My XM trial subscription just ran out and now that my FM is being used more I noticed same bad FM reception. Will call the dealer this week now that I see others are having issues. Thanks for the back-up!
Old January 8th, 2014, 11:20 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by xthefifthx
Thanks for the feedback. My dealer's service dept would like to know what part number they replaced the antenna with? I would greatly appreciate if you could post that info. Thanks!
Old January 8th, 2014, 8:59 PM
CF Beginner

my dealer (F.H.Dailey, San Leandro) said that Chevy service bulletin #pic5854a said that hd radio cuts out when switching between hd and non hd. and is normal! I will call chevy cust. service. AmberN. HELP!

Quick Reply: 2014 Silverado Radio Reception Issues