Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2014 Silverado Radio Reception Issues

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2014, 10:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Algonkin
You wouldn't happen to have a direct link to that thread would you?
Yes, here is the link: Radio Reception Issues - 2014+ Silverado & Sierra Issues, Troubleshooting, & Recalls/Service Bulletins - GM-Trucks.com
Go to page 25 to 27 for the discussion with the engineer. Member name is TJay74 who is talking to them.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 11:55 AM
CF Active Member

no highs no lows - it must be Bose
Old May 3rd, 2014, 7:09 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by airforceret
I replaced my factory fender antenna with an after market and have great FM reception. My XM reception still sucks but the local satellite radio dealer says it's an inherent problem with the poor quality roof antenna installed by GM. We proved this by running an external antenna and aftermarket XM portable receiver for a few weeks with no problems.
Which antenna fixed this for you?
Old May 3rd, 2014, 7:11 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by xthefifthx
I took my truck back to the dealership yesterday. They put a new antenna on the truck and now my reception is great. I never had a problem with the XM, so that works just fine like always. But now my FM works great too. Maybe this will help some other people with the same problem.
Are you saying they just swapped out the antenna mast?
Old June 11th, 2014, 3:50 PM
CF Beginner

2014 silverado,
Great truck! Radio reception **** poor!
Not just is the reception bad, but the fading in and out from high def. is asinine!
I took my truck back to the dealer, they told me they could not find anything wrong with it.
I told them I would not pick the truck up until the reception problem was fixed.
Finally they changed out the radio, delivered the truck back to me with the same reception issues.
I made them take it back.
Told them I don't want the truck with a radio that has sub standard radio reception.
Having had Chevys my whole life, The 2014 silverado does not live up to the chevrolet radio reception standard !
My Family has had over@ 50 chevys.
Hope they don't loose our business!
Now GM and the Dealer will be getting back to me within 3 days?!
Ill let you all know what happens.
Old June 12th, 2014, 4:42 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chuckl1218
Yes, here is the link: Radio Reception Issues - 2014+ Silverado & Sierra Issues, Troubleshooting, & Recalls/Service Bulletins - GM-Trucks.com
Go to page 25 to 27 for the discussion with the engineer. Member name is TJay74 who is talking to them.
So very sorry for the late reply. Than k you for the link
Old July 9th, 2014, 9:08 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2014 radio

I took my truck in for not only radio issues but a lot of electric issues as well. The dealer had not only done firm ware updates but also replaced the BCM module and now replaced the radio. Still wile driving the radio will turn off stay off for a few then turn back on. Not to say after the radio replacement I turn it up the speakers start to pop. Not sure if any is having the same issues but this is how it all started the radio goes off then the gauges start to act up. I had it in five times now. Still the same. Radio turns off when using usb or as card. Also after the last fix the v6 acts like it wants to die at times.
Am I the only one with electric craziness?
Old July 9th, 2014, 2:30 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi hawkt! Sorry to hear that you've had to return to the dealership to have your radio serviced with no resolve. If you'd like to PM us your VIN and dealership name we can create a case for you within our system and do some additional research on our end. Let us know if you're interested.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Originally Posted by hawkt
I took my truck in for not only radio issues but a lot of electric issues as well. The dealer had not only done firm ware updates but also replaced the BCM module and now replaced the radio. Still wile driving the radio will turn off stay off for a few then turn back on. Not to say after the radio replacement I turn it up the speakers start to pop. Not sure if any is having the same issues but this is how it all started the radio goes off then the gauges start to act up. I had it in five times now. Still the same. Radio turns off when using usb or as card. Also after the last fix the v6 acts like it wants to die at times.
Am I the only one with electric craziness?
Old July 10th, 2014, 7:19 AM
CF Beginner

I have two case numbers with Chevrolet right now. Been working back and forth with them and the dealer. Still no resolve after repair number five.. the loaner trucks I have gotten from the dealer have had no problems but hope to get this figured out.

QUOTE=Chevrolet Customer Service;280039]Hi hawkt! Sorry to hear that you've had to return to the dealership to have your radio serviced with no resolve. If you'd like to PM us your VIN and dealership name we can create a case for you within our system and do some additional research on our end. Let us know if you're interested.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care[/QUOTE]
Old July 10th, 2014, 5:29 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

[QUOTE=hawkt;280098]I have two case numbers with Chevrolet right now. Been working back and forth with them and the dealer. Still no resolve after repair number five.. the loaner trucks I have gotten from the dealer have had no problems but hope to get this figured out.

QUOTE=Chevrolet Customer Service;280039]

Hey hawkt,

Keep us posted on the outcome of your case. We understand that this process can be a bit draining, however we're sure your current agent and dealership are doing everything within their power to come to a resolution. If you need for us to reach out to your agent, just let us know.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply: 2014 Silverado Radio Reception Issues